• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Kenny's Workshop (Advice Please)

Started by Kenny, July 02, 2006, 12:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

Yeah, the feet... :wow:

Ladies, I need your input. On the men it's not so much a problem, but what color shoes would the lady on the left be wearing? I don't know whether white or black shoes would be appropriate for that dress.

Help a fashion victim out, would you?  :funny:

Kenny  :)

But why is the rum gone?

glennab

Kenny

Normally a woman in a white dress would wear white or light shoes.  But the lady on the left doesn't show any white around the area where her foot would be.  Given that that could just be the damage obliterating whatever she's wearing, I'd say light would be your best bet.

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Kenny

White, after labor day?!!!  :P

I kid, I kid. Her legs are pretty much obliterated. See if this is within the guidelines. I borrowed part of the lady on the right's legs and rebuilt them to match the lady on the left:

No, I haven't gotten to the shoes yet. Yes, she's wearing the ruby slippers until I find some shoes for her. (I didn't want her to be running around barefoot).

Criticism is appreciated

But why is the rum gone?

glennab

Hey Kenny,

Okay, so fashion isn't my strong point!  I did read recently, however, that the Labor Day rule is passe.  Besides, I like the ruby slippers!

To the serious stuff.  I think you're doing a great job.  The skirt of the lady on our left looks darn good.  What bothers me, and it may just be my worn-out eyes, is that she appears to have knees showing just below the skirt, and that would be too low.  I'm sure her knees would be hidden by  the skirt.

Best of luck on the rest.  We're talking anatomy, proportions and fine art.  Way beyond my expertise. You're a brave soul, Mr. Dread Pirate!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

Hi Kenny,

Wow, you've done an amazing job on this.  When I first saw the picture, I immediately thought "crop", but you really did a nice job bringing back the photo.  Keep in mind it is a 4 x 6 so I wouldn't worry too much about the fine detail.....it just won't show up.  Hard to say what color shoes she was wearing...I'm a hiking boot girl myself!  I'd guess white.  However, the others seem to have brownish shoes on.  You'd never know unless you asked the person directly, and the less obvious, the better, so perhaps brown would be the best option.  When I took this photography/Photoshop class 2 weeks ago, the one thing that often came up was "what is the focus of the picture?"  I know we all want it to be 100% accurate, including myself, but at times, we have to guess.  As I see it, you've done an absolutely outstanding job on this very difficult photo. 

Keep up the great work!

Christine   :)

Kenny

The "knees" you see aren't really knees. They look like that, though, now that you pointed it out. It's just a trick of light and shadow (which is what photography is anyway). It was just a couple of spots that came out that way using the healing brush. I just now fixed it with about 4 clicks.

I plan on doing very subtle shoes. Light, but not glaringly white. Christine you're right, the focus is on the family as a group and nothing should pull the eye away from that.

I'll probably make it a vague whitish brown, just enough to show shoes, but not so much anyone will be paying that much attention to them.

Us guys have it so easy. I own shoes and boots of every color you could ever want....if you like black  :funny:

Thanks again for looking, you guys are great  :loveit:

But why is the rum gone?

Kenny

It's getting there, slowly but surely.

I still have work to do on the middle left of the picture. I have to render another leg for the girl standing sideways and legs for the guy in the mortarboard in the back. With a little color tweaking, some shadows and a final going over, I think it'll be ready.

Comments, criticisms....you know the drill :P

But why is the rum gone?

glennab

Hi Kenny

An amazing job!  I can't wait to see the completed restoration. I honestly don't see a thing I'd change. (and I don't see knees anymore!)

GG

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Kenny

I'm not 100 percent sure about the black shoes, but I think it looks pretty convincing.

Any suggestions?

But why is the rum gone?

glennab

Hi Kenny

I repeat: amazing!  They look great.  I'd send 'em home.  You've managed to maintain the integrity of the photo by restoring to match the rest of the image and not overcompensating.  You've done this before, haven't you???  Can't fool me!

Best wishes,

GG

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Kenny

Thank you, Glenna. That means a lot coming from you  :wnw:

It's time for me to get the kids up for school. I'll look at at again in a few hours and see how it look when I'm fully awake  ;D

Thanks

But why is the rum gone?

Dave

Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

GP

Kenny, great job on the restoration :up:
The only thing that strikes me ( and I could be wrong ::) ), the woman on the right, with the little boy in front of her, may need a 2. leg or you could cover her a little more in that area.

GP
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

Ratz

Hey Kenny, that's an amazing job! An incredibly difficult restore, and you pulled it off nicely :up:

OPRAng

Way to go! This family will be floored! Thank you!
Angela Ellis
Treasurer
Operation Photo Rescue, Inc.
[email protected]
[email protected]