• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

OPR in news again.

Started by Tess (Tassie D), October 05, 2007, 09:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Dave, I couldn't view the video either, but the article, while short, was interesting.  It's super to know that another group of young people is selfless enough to want to help OPR.  Our hope for the future!

Thanks for sharing!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

I'd like to give a special appreciation to Laura Hunt, who is an OPR volunteer, and was the instructor who taught these high school kids enough Photoshop to restore the photos.  Laura just returned the photos to me, and these kids did an outstanding job.  The class was only 4 hours long, so they learned and accomplished a lot in a very short amount of time. 

Thanks you Laura!

Christine

Tess (Tassie D)

Great little video of the story. :up: Glad to hear the cause is growing with the young folks too.

phischer I do all my work on my desktop computer. Trouble is my office is in 2 converted cupboards, just enough room for the desk, chair and shelves. The photographer couldn't fit in here as well so I got hubby's laptop out, much easier to maneuver.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Charlene5

Oh and I thought I'd found a kindred spirit!  I do all my work on a notebook albeit a high end one - a Dell M1710 with a killer graphic card.  The display is (for a notebook) huge - 17"/43cm.  I originally bought it for gaming but it's been great for Photoshop as well.

http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsnb_m1710?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Hannie

MJ, that is a very nice laptop!  Do you have the 200 G harddisk?  How about the scratch disk (assuming you use PS), works OK on the same disk?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Charlene5

Hannie I have a large hard drive and Photoshop has worked very well because it has a lot of RAM - 2 gigs - to devour.  It's SUCH a memory hog but I won't complain.  This is my 4th notebook - I've used one since 1997 - and the first that I could say is a true replacement for a big old clunky desktop.  The one thing I really love is the size of the keyboard.  I am small - 5'1"/1,54 meters - and I feel comfortable with the smaller keyboard.  I also have a small mouse :)  I don't think I'll ever go back to a desktop.

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Hannie

Thanks for the reply MJ, i would love to have have a laptop like that.  I would need one with a bigger keyboard, have large hands... :(

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]