• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Thank you note!

Started by OPRAng, September 27, 2007, 09:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OPRAng

Words are inadequate to express the joy you and the other members of Photo Rescue brought to so many of us on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. SInce dawn on August 30, 2005 when I first saw what six feet of water did to my home, I vowed to reclaim something everyday. Family and friends have sent duplicates of photographs but of course, there were many, many that only we had. Even though, there were probably hundreds that I threw away, there were some I could not bear to lose no matter how damaged.

Thank you for the wonderful gift you have given to all of us. I eagerly await each of my four batches coming home!

Sincerely,
Hope H.
PS I was the one who brought the kneeling pads for those scanning the photographs.
Angela Ellis
Treasurer
Operation Photo Rescue, Inc.
[email protected]
[email protected]

glennab

Angela, thanks so much for sharing these thank you notes.  What we do would be meaningful even without them, but hearing from the people we're helping is beyond wonderful.  I got a huge lump in my throat with this one, because I remember thinking how wonderful and thoughtful this lady  was to bring in the knee pads for our beleaguered copy crew.  The people we met in Biloxi were so generous and decent.  It makes me all the more determined that the run I was lucky enough to make in August won't be my last!

Bless,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

jneil2

That was so nice to read that thank you, Angela.  I remember that lady so well.  She came back to pick up her pirnts, apologized because she said her own kneeling pad for gardening was so dirty she couldn't bear to give it to us, and then she came back an hour or so later with 3 kneeling pads for us.  They were a lifesaver, and it was so nice of her to take the time to thank OPR.  What a wonderful organization we are a part of.  I am so proud.

Jan

P.S.  Next time I am bringing my own!!

edlinn

Thanks Angela,
It was so nice to read that note.
I remember this sweet lady and her kindness to bring in the kneeling pads.
At that time, there could not have been a better gift to us, as we were bent over the copy stands on the floor.

The people I had the privilege to meet in Biloxi, whose pictures we are restoring, were kind, generous and so appreciative of what we are all doing.
Like Glenna and Jan said, these people from Biloxi have all had a lasting impact on me.
It was a time I will never forget and I will be ready to go on another run when that time comes.
Ed