• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Running Santa

Started by Charlene5, October 08, 2007, 03:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlene5

I just figured out something that was so quick and easy (and obvious as well) that I decided to share it.  If this trick is already known to everyone I shall slink away quietly but I am sure there is at least one person who never thought of it either.  I've been working on this picture for what feels like a year.  It had everything up to and including a million of those wretched white dots.  Everything that was supposed to be white was pinkish or blueish or both.  I was contemplating this mournful fact when I decided to mask out everything that wasn't white and desaturate the white bits.  Instant gratification!  It took me about 15 minutes to do the mask instead of who knows how long cleaning it up with healing or airbrushing.  If masks frighten you it could easily be done with selections.  All the color cast was gone and the darker bits turned gray.  Here is the before and after:

Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Hannie

That is a great tip MJ! 
There are too many different ways to do things in Photoshop, so it is always really helpful to post methods that will save time and give great results.
Thanks!
I like what you have done with the little girls face so far.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Great tip MJ!  Thanks for sharing this. 

Christine

Ausimax

Nice One, MJ! Thanks for the heads-up.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!