• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

CS3 question...

Started by John, September 11, 2007, 11:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

I just downloaded the trial version of PS CS3 and under the 'Analysis' menu there is a 'ruler tool' and a 'count tool'... Once either of these are selected, how do you UNselect them?   I can get either to appear, but can't seem to figure out how to remove them from the workspace... I know it's a loaded question, but what am I missing?

:wnw:

cmpentecost

Hi John,

I'm still on my learning curve for CS3, and I'm not even familiar with the analysis menu, or the count tool.  Is this Extended?  However, for the ruler, you can (should) be able to go to View>Rulers, and "uncheck" the rulers.  I have no idea if this is what you are talking about.  Sorry I can't be of more help. 

However.........while at PS World in Vegas, I got a friend of mine who is a Senior Technician for Wacom and ACE certified in Photoshop to sign up with OPR.  I hope that he will be willing to step in and help us with stuff like this.  He's only been signed up with OPR for about 24 hours, so I guess we should give him some "settling" in time!

Christine

John

yes, this is CS3 Extended... I tried clicking on the same selection again to 'uncheck' it, but it doesn't work.   

Hannie

Hi John,

The drop down menus in CS3 have light blue highlights for some options.  While in this mode the ruler tool stays checked no matter what I tried.  After resetting menus etc. in Windows>Workspace my CS3 drop down menus changed to the standard gray Window menus without the light blue highlights.  But now at least the check before Ruler Tool does disappears when I click on another tool.

What do you mean by removing them from your workspace?  Do you mean the option bar on the bottom of an opened image (with the drop down menu and % etc.)?

I also have a problem with CS3, the browser will not open so I'm still working with my old CS!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi John,

I don't have CS3 yet, but in CS2 all you have to do is select another tool and the measure tool disappears, as does the line it makes.  The counter tool must be something different from what's in CS2, or I just haven't needed it yet, but I think they're both temporary "calculators" that shouldn't stay on the workspace once you move to something else.  The only thing for which I use the measure tool is to determine angles so I can straighten my images when I scan them.

Let me know what you find out.  I'm curious whether CS3 is that different from CS2.

I just got a notice that there's a Photoshop CS3 Seminar coming to Orlando in mid-October and I'm going to try to make that one.  What I want to know is WHY do they hold these things on MONDAY?  Don't they realize that we're employed??

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

John

Quote from: glennab on September 12, 2007, 08:25:35 AM
Hi John,

I don't have CS3 yet, but in CS2 all you have to do is select another tool and the measure tool disappears, as does the line it makes.  The counter tool must be something different from what's in CS2, or I just haven't needed it yet, but I think they're both temporary "calculators" that shouldn't stay on the workspace once you move to something else.  The only thing for which I use the measure tool is to determine angles so I can straighten my images when I scan them.

Let me know what you find out.  I'm curious whether CS3 is that different from CS2.

I just got a notice that there's a Photoshop CS3 Seminar coming to Orlando in mid-October and I'm going to try to make that one.  What I want to know is WHY do they hold these things on MONDAY?  Don't they realize that we're employed??

Glenna

Thanks Glenna.  I seem to have many more ID10T errors in PS than I do in Fireworks.

Your suggestion did the trick.