• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

HAIR, HAIR.....EVERYWHERE IS HAIR!

Started by kiska, March 13, 2007, 07:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

RosyBijou

What a great tutorial!  I'm so glad that you found & posted it!
Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

glennab

Thanks, kiska -- that one's in my files now.  Hair has to be one of the most difficult areas of the restorations to get right!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

Added, also, to my ever increasing information library!!  Thank you. C

Ausimax

Nice one kiska. I have long since vowed only to work on bald headed men, ever noticed the dearth of bald headed men on OPR?

If I can learn to do hair it will make the job a lot easier, thanks. :up:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Ausimax

Hi, 

I think this may be a better hair tutorial, it goes into more detail of actually doing the work.

http://features.cgsociety.org/story_custom.php?story_id=3174

And here is a tutorial by the same lady on how to do eyes.

http://features.cgsociety.org/story_custom.php?story_id=3165

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

videosean

http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html
Do a ctrl+F and find 'hair' as it's way down on the page.  Totally different technique than what has been posted.  I like the idea of not needing custom brushes (that only work with certain versions of certain software according to his page) for a technique but I also think his hair brushes look great if you can use them :)
i have an unhealthy internet obsession & hide behind multiple layers of ironic humor and sarcasm...

paula

Ausimax

Hi,

Thats the beauty of the Tut I posted you can get the brushes or make your own, I have Russel Brown's tutorial and brushes and find them of some use but hard to use with existing hair, though that seems to be the case with most of these methods, they all start with no hair and build from there, it is a lot harder trying to blend with existing hair.

Only wish we could get some of these fantastic artists on OPR, we do the bodies and sub-contract out the hair. ;D

Max

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Tess, thanks for the reference.  That's a great tutorial, and I believe it's by one of our volunteers.  I've printed it and will keep it handy in my files!  Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)