• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Google Earth

Started by Ausimax, July 03, 2007, 02:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

Hi,

Have you checked out Google Earth? Its a lot of fun, I managed to find both my sons houses in Sydney even though I have never been to them, just put in the Street No and away you go, I've got you spotted Glenna, have to be careful with the sunbathing in future. :funny:

Here is my little patch of earth, boundary's roughly defined. A lot of mowing when the seasons are good.

Max

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Tess (Tassie D)

Thats one big boundary Max. Do you run anything on it to keep the growth down? My daughter would have a field day there, I'd never find her.  :funny:

I dont have as much space round me but I'm a  2 minute walk to the beach, top of the pic. 8)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Hi Tassie D,

Nice spot you have there, would love to be that close to the beach haven't seen the sea for years, no we don't run anything now, we used to have a couple of sheep till marauding dogs killed them, and even then the seasons were so bad most of the time we had to buy them feed. Now I just mow it with a ride-on, even at that I only mowed once last summer, have had good rain this month if we can keep getting a top-up it may be good in spring.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

Ausimax

Hey! Come on people, are you admitting that it is only us Aussies who know where they are in the World? :-[

Max

glennab

Okay Max,

You've already seen it, but here's the old homestead.  It's about two and a half miles from the beach and the Gulfport Art Village (cool place)!  I've lived here since Sept. 1968.  Still love the place.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Nice spot Glenna. It's lovely to have all that greenery around you.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

This is from a realtor, not Google Earth. Some $$^(*$%^&(*&&% developer has clear cut about a 20 acre hillsiide ( lower left ). Needless to say everyone is extremely upset.

http://upload.pbase.com/image/82242521

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Tess (Tassie D)

Thats terrible when they clear cut like that. :mad:  Your house fronts onto the river? Very nice looking area. :up:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

Wow what an awesome place to live...We had someone in Brisbane poison all the trees from their place to the sea...But of course they denied ever having anything to do with it!

Is that jetty's along the river or house boats?

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

kiska

Thanks guys. Sanbie, those are floating docks.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

sanbie

How cool ..so does everyone there own a boat?

Well here is my humble home...I live in a complex...

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

kstruve

Well, this is where I live.  In an apartment in Boulder, CO.  No house yet :(  Nice view though!

kiska

sanbie, everyone owns a boat BUT ME! :'(

My canoe got stolen last summer.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

paula

I couldn't use google maps because I have W98.  This is from National Geographic.  And I don't have a boat either. :(

schen

No boat, no water.   :(

We chose the place so that the kids could walk to school easily and now they are out of college already.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6