• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A very touching thank you note

Started by OPRAng, June 21, 2007, 06:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OPRAng

We just received this note today. I was all choked up after I read it...this is why we put in all those hours...

"Gentlemen:
I have just received the restored picutres you mailed to my son-in-law, Guy C.

These photos were all I could find in the muddy flood from Katrina that destroyed my home and took away my memories. I am very grateful for your not only restoring my photos but my memories as well.

God Bless you,
David A...
Please forgive handwriting, I am going blind."

In other words, you restored this man's photographs and therefore memories before they were lost forever both by Katrina as well as before he lost his vision completely. What an amazing thing to do for someone that has lost so much. Thank you for all of your hard work--it means more than words can express to so many people.
Angela Ellis
Treasurer
Operation Photo Rescue, Inc.
[email protected]
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Angela

It means so much that you pass along these notes of appreciation.  They're humble and heartwarming and give me incentive to work even longer and harder at these restorations.  Thanks for sharing them.  Would that we had the power in our computers to restore the gentleman's eyesight!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)