• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

the sweetest thank you note....

Started by OPRAng, June 03, 2007, 11:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OPRAng

This came in the mail this week...Her words speak volumes. Thank you for all your hard work.

"Dear Sirs:

Oh my God! I can't tell you how pleased I am toe receive the pictures I entrusted to Operation Photo Rescue to restore for me. I brought my parents wedding album after Katrina hoping you all could salvage something from it for them. My parents lost everything they own. Their house had 13 feet of water for 3 weeks. I really did not have much hope, but thought it was worth a try.

The Saturday before Mother's Day, I came home to find an envelope on my front porch. When I saw it was from Operation Photo Rescue I was afraid to open it. Needless to say, I was amazed. Ninety percent of the photos look like nothing happened to them. I can't thank your organization enough. You have no idea what it means to us and my parents to have one thing, especially photos, salvaged. However, the best blessing was that I was able to surprise my mother with her wedding album restored on Mother's Day. It made for a wonderful day.

Thank you so much for your generocity and hard work. It is greatly appreciated."

Sincerely,

Debra A.
Kenner, LA
Angela Ellis
Treasurer
Operation Photo Rescue, Inc.
[email protected]
[email protected]

Ausimax

Hi Angela,

This is what makes all the work and frustrations worth while, when you can see there are people at the end of the work and that they appreciate the efforts we make on their behalf, gives you that bit of lift to go that extra yard.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

klassylady25

It is the icing on the cake to be sure.  This next batch of picture came from the area where I lived as a bride for over 6 years.  Chalmette, LA.  It was a family place and people there took pride in their community. 

glennab

Angela

This is another reason -- if we really needed one -- to continue what we're doing.  My feeling is that the lady's joy in having her photos, especially at such a special time, is a gift to us for working on the restorations.  I love it when you share these letters.  Thanks for letting us know we're making a difference.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

John