• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Final Print Size

Started by hoodman3, May 01, 2007, 08:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodman3

I just completed my first restoration and during the process it occurred to me that the final print size would be nice to have at the start. The file was 300dpi, but some of the techniques used may have shown up on a large format print. This particular image might look different at 4" x 6", 5" x 7" or 8" x 10". I assume the owners of these photos want the finished restoration to be the same size as the original. Can anyone enlighten me on this?
Thanks
hoodman3
Windows XP, CS3

cmpentecost

Hi Hoodman,

Most of the photos have numbers behind them.  For example, if the photo name is Smith_5_3 5 x 7, it means that the Smith family has 5 photos with OPR, and this is photo #3, and that this photo should be a 5 x 7.  Not ALL the photos are like this, but many are.  If in doubt, contact the person who issued you the photo, usually either myself or Becky, and we can probably figure it out for you.  Likewise, when you upload the finished photo to OPR, it helps if you do not change the photo name, other than perhaps putting "done" at the end of all of the numbers.

I hope this helps!

Christine

hoodman3

Thanks Christine, makes sense. It does make a difference. The image I worked on was 15_7_8X10. Hope the work I did around the right eye is OK.
Thanks again,
hoodman3
Windows XP, CS3