• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

When did you get into computers?

Started by Ausimax, April 23, 2007, 03:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Okay Max -- UNCLE!  I can't keep up with you.  I'm totally outclassed.  Do you think that since you're upside-down you have an overabundance of blood in your brain, and that's why you're so quick?

Schen -- thank goodness for backups!  There's a gawd-awful empty feeling when you get an "UH-OH" message.  I had a Quadra 800 at one of my jobs that actually gave off a "death knell" sound every time I turned it on.  We never figured out what the problem was, but I HATED that song!

Now I'm dealing with robot cleaners that actually sound as if they're saying "UH-OH" if they get stuck or something else goes wrong.  I've named them and talk to them all the time, because they almost seem like pseudo-conscious beings.  They each have several sounds to communicate what's wrong.  Since I have 12 cats, Houston, the vacuum cleaner, often hacks up hairballs (for real!).  I'm waiting for him to just up and tell me he's had enough already -- I'm asking too much of him and he's going to run away with Scooba.

And speaking of computers, I'd probably better get back to mine.  Have a deadline to meet by the end of the day.

Glenna

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)