• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

OPR Volunteers have dogs, too!

Started by John, April 03, 2007, 02:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpentecost

They look like great dogs Dave.  Even though I'm a cat person, Bozeman is a community where everyone seems to have a dog.  It's not uncommon to walk into a store to see someone shopping with their dog beside them.  Many businesses have water bowls out front, and dog biscuits inside.  I think every other vehicle in town has a dog in the front seat.  Hmmm.....maybe it's time for me to become a cat AND dog person!

Christine

Dave

I'm about to become a cat person after learning tonight  from our neighbor of 3 years that the dogs bark incessantly whenever we're out of the house. I guess the doggy door will stay shut whenever we're not home.

Yay dogs!
Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

glennab

Dave - You've gotta love 'em!  Yay dogs indeed!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

glennab

Hi

I have to share a couple of great dog intelligence vs. people intelligence stories.

I haven't seen dogs in our neighborhood in a long time (the cats probably ate them all), but at one time I had neighbors on either side of me who owned pooches.  The guy east of my house had a gorgeous, huge rottweiller named Baby. I know the fellow had mental problems, and evidently Baby had figured that out as well, because she was constantly escaping the apartment.  He'd stand at his door and yell at the top of his lungs, "Baby, I'm going to count to three . . . one . . . two. . . etc. etc."  Needless to say, Baby was happily romping around the park across the street and evidently hadn't watched Sesame Street in quite a while!

Meanwhile, to the west lived a young woman who had a canine of smaller persuasion than Baby.  She had a bit of a temper (the woman, not the dog!), and when the pup would get her angry I'd hear her screaming at the dog to "Act like a human being!"  Heaven forbid!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

laportelj

They are all great  dogs, here are my two.
Lucy is 11 years old and owns the house, she is devoted to my husband.
Kei Kei is 2 years oldand thinks he owns me. He would like me to hold him all the time including when I am working on photos.
Jane

zapphnath