• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A Fun Project for Us!

Started by Mhayes, January 30, 2024, 07:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

Quote from: Hannie on February 10, 2024, 05:36:50 PMI saw a photo of the school in the 20s and then it did not have the added building on the side.
Cars looked different in the 303 than what the photo shows.
In the 50s cars looked much more modern.
I think you are right Candy, 1946, the cars definitely look like they're from the 40s. 

Thank you very much, Hannie!  I was leaning that way but wanted a second set of eyes.
Candice

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Hi all.. nice to be working again.. here is my wip so far.. what can you see that needs changing, doing.

orig.

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

philbach

Hi Lynnya.  It looks fine to me.  However I thought it was a little dark.  So I ran your restore through Photoshop/Adjustments/Shadows-Highlights and lightened up the shadows some and I thought that was an improvement.
phil

Lynnya

Thanks Phil.. I did wonder about the dark as well.. I'll try that.

Lynnya

Jo Ann Snover

I think the second one looks much better. Without zooming in I can't see how the faces look, but sometimes I'll add an adjustment layer and lighten, slightly, some of the really dark faces.

Alternatively, I'll get the overall image looking bright enough and then add an adjustment layer to darken, slightly, any part that's looking too blown out.
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thanks Jo Ann..I'll try that. Nice to hear from you :)

Mhayes

Lynnya,

I think this looks great! I agree with Jo Ann. A lot of times I will add a duplicate layer and if I want lighter I will make choose Screen as the layer, and then I lower the opacity and next do a layer mask to hide all. I will then paint back in with a soft brush what I want lighter. I really like what you have done and except for maybe some you feel too dark, I would be careful to only lighten enough to see their features.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

A little lighter.. I used screen on faces and then on pic as a whole then masked out the very white areas..

philbach

Well I downloaded the picture and used auto levels in photoshop and it lightened the image a little more, but I don't want to get overly nitpicky just fyi.  Nice job
😀
phil

Lynnya

Hi Phil thanks.. I did the same but it brought the blacks up rather harshly so I left it.. see what Margie thinks..

Mhayes

I think it looks great and ready to send back.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Mhayes

These photos have been spoken for: 1,5,6,7,12, & 13. The others are available.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]