• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Volunteer Tab Taken Down

Started by Mhayes, July 24, 2023, 10:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

I've had several emails wanting to know where the Volunteer Tab went and the answer is that we have no photos to restore. We had a 2 year old lapse on the last copy run where the person running the copy run was to send by flash disk those photos. But when I got the flash disk, the family was not on it.

I think we are coming to the point where OPR has had a good run and we will keep our website open for a time, but a non profit cannot stagnate. Everyone on the inner team has been with me since I took over in 2007. The exception is Omar Calderon that Shujen brought in as a webmaster when we lost Tess. Without the inner team and all of you, we never would have lasted this long.

I had hoped that offering to pay for copying done by places like FedEx would give us an alternate to doing copy runs at the disaster sites. Besides being very expensive, there are health concerns. I recently got back from flying to Canada and when I got home I tested positive for Covid--even after having all my shots. For that reason most of us are not wanting to take that risk. Also, with no photos volunteers drift away and there aren't as many of us left to restore.

We are open to suggestions and hope I haven't depressed all of you with this news. I have loved every minute of it--okay, maybe some not so much--and feel like I know so many of you personally.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Margie, so sorry things are coming to an end.  You and the team have done such a fantastic job, it has meant so much to so many people, including us the volunteers. For many of us it was an outlet for a talent maybe under used and a chance to give back and make someone's day. I know we all loved what we were doing and yes we did all "make friends" we did get to know each other in our virtual world and we shall miss that.
Thank you Margie for everything..and if anything changes we will all be right here.
xx
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

Lynnya, thank you! They say it's not over till the fat lady sings, and that's a lot of pressure to be under. LOL
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

philbach

Well Margie, Thanks for all you have done.  I enjoyed working and learning on the site for a long time and appreciate all you have done for us. 
phil

Candice

For those of us that have been here from the beginning, it feels like losing a family member.  I have loved every restoration I have done and the families I know I've helped without ever being known. 

Margie, and OPR family, it's not surprising to read this but like all good things we love, we hoped to not see it end. 

I've kept all my restoration originals and finals so I'll have pictures to work on for years to keep up the skills we've learned along the way.

If you ever need anyone's help you know how to reach me.  Damn!  Now I am depressed!! 

I love you all!!

Candy

Candice

Mhayes

Thanks Everyone!

Candy, I know what you mean as it feels like loosing a loved one. We will keep the website open for a while as well as our FB page and our email links. Thanks could change, but they they need a different direction.

Will keep you posted is anything changes.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]