• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Website outage

Started by schen, June 03, 2023, 09:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schen

Our website and the forum were broken after a forced platform update a couple of days ago. Our volunteer IT expert worked tirelessly to restore them. At this time, everything seems accessible to me. The look and feel are slightly different.

Let us know if you have any problems. Thank you for your patience.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Candice

Boy, was I shocked when I opened up OPR!!  The one thing I do not have is the left side  bar where you can see all the posts.  Now mind you, I've not explored everything yet.  Maybe I missed activating something.

Candice

Lynnya

Wow! different indeed!  Same here for me, no left side with posts. Thanks to IT expert for tireless dedication.. having done website code I sympathize! Not for the feint hearted. After posting I now see past posts and replies.. looks good no problems.
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

Quote from: Lynnya on June 03, 2023, 11:43:05 AMWow! different indeed!  Same here for me, no left side with posts. Thanks to IT expert for tireless dedication.. having done website code I sympathize! Not for the feint hearted.

You're spot on!  My hubby is now retired and he agrees 100%. 
Candice

Lynnya

Yeah Candy, had to give it up, takes over ones life.  Start thinking in html code and eating cold baked beans out of a can...lol
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

Quote from: schen on June 03, 2023, 09:21:18 AMOur website and the forum were broken after a forced platform update a couple of days ago. Our volunteer IT expert worked tirelessly to restore them. At this time, everything seems accessible to me. The look and feel are slightly different.

Let us know if you have any problems. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for letting us know, Chen. 
Candice

Tori803

Whew! Scary changes, but I'm learning my way around.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Hannie

Oh wow, well at least we're back on line!  Thanks so much Shujen and IT Expert!
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Candice

schen

With the partial restore forum, one thing we lost is the automated redirect to "postimg.cc" where we can save the image files and insert the link in the forum posts. Here is a workaround I created. We will have to live with it until I found a better solution. Sorry for the inconvenience.

1. Go to https://postimages.org/
2. upload an image file as usual
3. copy the "Hotlink for forums" and paste it into your post
4. Click PREVIEW to make sure that is what you want
5. Click POST

Shujen Chen

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

We are back. Again!

Our website is running on the secure https protocol which requires a certificate. The certificate expired yesterday and the automated renewal did not happen. It even refused manual renewal. Fortunately, Omar, our IT expert, was able to wrangle a new certificate and we are back.

Sometimes I think software updates are ways IT professionals maintain their job security. ;)
Shujen Chen

Candice

Did we get our left panels back or am I missing something, Schen?  Thanks, Candy
Candice

Hannie

Thank you Omar and Shujen!
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

Candy, sorry, the left pane is still missing. I hope we will find it soon.
Shujen Chen