• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Sisters

Started by Lynnya, December 06, 2022, 02:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi all.. having a lot of trouble with this lovely image.  I just can't get the hands and arms right.. I did think of sneaking in a vignette but I thought maybe it would be noticed... :funny:
Any help would be appreciated.

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Hannie

Wow, that looks so good already Lynn!

I used liquify to make her arm (on top of the other arm) a little bigger around and shorten her hand some too. Burn and dodge I used to make the shadows and highlights more like what I saw in the blue channel.

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Oh Hannie thank you!!! I'll leave it at that I think. I'll only mess up if I go further. Thanks again!

Shadow

Beautiful Lynn! Hannie's tip puts it right over the top. They are going to be so happy to have these beauties back.  :up:

Lynnya

Thank you my friend. :hug:

Xoannon

I have also been working on this photo, but unfortunately it took me a little longer than I expected to finish it. You've done a lovely job on it! :)

Lynnya

Hi Xoannon, Thank you, it was a tough one as you know.  Look forward to seeing your final. Nice to learn different approaches and techniques.  :up:

Xoannon

This is my final. I colour corrected the most damaged parts as closely as I could to the original image to try to extract as much information as I possibly could about what was originally there. Some parts I grafted from other similar sections of the photo, or if not possible, other similar images with similar lighting, and everything else I tried my best to simply reproduce by painting it in.
It was quite the challenge, but I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Lynnya

It's beautiful!! lovely job! I like it better than mine.  I know how difficult that was..  :up: :up: :up: :up:

Bambi will love it!

Xoannon

Thank you!  :loveit:
Trying to figure out those arms was enough to drive a person insane! XD

Lynnya

I know! I used the blue channel but that didn't help a whole lot. :crazy:

Shadow

Beautiful Xoannon. Thanks for sharing!  :up:

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]