• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Just Checking In!

Started by Candice, May 30, 2022, 08:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schen

Margie, you are correct that the picture I posted above is a lily, the only one that escaped being eaten. Here are my daylilies. I heard daylilies are poisonous and needed to be processed to be edible but my mom cooked the store-bought flower buds and cooked them in the soup and we all lived to tell the story. So they might have been processed or they might not be that toxic, who knows.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

Schen, Love both day lilies, but especially the top one.  They've come a long way from just the orange and yellow ones.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

There are thousands of different daylilies. Apparently, it is easy to make another kind. I visited Missouri Botanical Gardens last month. They have an area with about 1,600 different daylilies. Our neighborhood has many different daylilies. I am afraid of letting my wife out. Every new daylily she saw, she wanted it.  :D
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Candice

Schen, I know a lot of people hybridize daylilies and that's where so many interesting, sometimes odd, flowers come from.  It's interesting to see what people come up with.

You all might enjoy looking around on this site.  I have bulbs coming in September for a pretty pink beauty.  It's called a Carolina Cranberry.  I sure hope it comes out just as pretty as the cultivators picture!!

Candice

Candice

Quote from: schen on July 18, 2022, 06:48:23 PM
Margie, you are correct that the picture I posted above is a lily, the only one that escaped being eaten. Here are my daylilies. I heard daylilies are poisonous and needed to be processed to be edible but my mom cooked the store-bought flower buds and cooked them in the soup and we all lived to tell the story. So they might have been processed or they might not be that toxic, who knows.

Beautiful!!

Candice

Shadow

Love the lilies! Thanks so much for sharing.  :)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]