• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Portrait of a young woman

Started by Lynnya, March 09, 2022, 11:36:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Stephen

I am brand new to the group and just having a look around to see what I've gotten myself into.   :funny:

In my test image, part of the sweater was missing, so I got a similarly textured sweater, laid it out in the general shape and put a light mimicking the light in the photo. It gave me something to "draw from".

In this example, I thought I'd try to get in the same position to figure it out.

From that, I think her left leg is most likely going UNDER her right leg. It was very uncomfortable and uncomfortable to keep my left leg straight. Conversely, the right leg crossing felt quite natural, even with fluctuation in where it made the crossing.

That's my two cents. :)  I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds... I just wanted to get an idea of what the difficult ones look like and was checking out some of the posts when I saw the question.  Wow. Y'all are amazing!

Homemade Hollywood: BECAUSE a picture is worth a thousand words.

Stephen

AND... only now, after posting an observance, do I see how far you had come. My apologies!!

It is amazing what you and Joann have done.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Stephen
Homemade Hollywood: BECAUSE a picture is worth a thousand words.

Lynnya

Hi Stephen.. no not overstepping bounds.. we are all here to help each other and from my perspective anything that improves an image to be "sent home" is worth any critique or suggestion from anyone in the forum. Sometimes I flinch at putting an image up in the forum cos I have worked so long on it I can't see the wood from the trees and just know I'm going to get some heavy duty suggestions.. My images have always improved from more eyes in this forum and I appreciate the time and effort folks put in to help make the final image as good as it can be. We are all friends here and when suggestions are made with kindness we all benefit. Welcome aboard my friend. :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...