• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Portrait of a young woman

Started by Lynnya, March 09, 2022, 11:36:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi all.. just about to start on this image.  Does anyone have anything I could use to help me with this... ie dress, wallpaper etc.  would sure appreciate it if you have.

Thanks

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

I've looked at curtains, portrait backgrounds, and more and can't come up with anything like what I see in your picture.  Wonder if the mods would let you, with permission of the family, change the background a little.

This young lady has such pretty eyes!

Candice

Bambi

All the backgrounds are different. Darn. The green channel gives you maybe three bunches of the flower pattern—above the shoulder on our left and just below the other shoulder. The rest seems to be painted woodwork, with the flower pattern in vertical rows.

I've been working with several moldy pictures lately and my latest technique is Spot Healing Tool with the mode set to Lighten (instead of normal) and work on all the darkest spots, then set the mode to Darken and clean up the white spots. Makes more accurate adjustments without blurring or color shifts like the normal Content-Aware mode. Skin tones emerge where I thought there were none.

I also use the Patch Tool in Normal>Destination rather than Content Aware.

Lynnya

Thanks Bambi..its a place to start. :hug:

Shadow

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn..Bambi's suggestions were spot on..see you in a couple of years..🤣😂

Mhayes

Lynn, my thoughts are that this is a studio backdrop and any pattern would be subtle. At the very top of your restore, above her head, that is what I would use. It's going to be a lot of work, but I think it would harder to try and come up with the flower design and most likely draw the eye to it instead of the girl.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Bambi

You're right about the timeframe!! I was trying to say what Margie said, keeping the background subtle and if you want to use a flower pattern it would be faint and blurred.

Lynnya

So... I'm working away on my restore and got a ton done.. suddenly ps says something about paint and the whole lot goes black.. I use two monitors and my primary wouldn't work .. I've disconnected the  second monitor and now the main one works again..on it's own... I'm half afraid to open ps in case my pc explodes!  I'm really not liking this ps2022.. seems like it has many glitches.. :knuppel:

Jo Ann Snover

Quote from: Lynnya on March 11, 2022, 03:35:35 PM
So... I'm working away on my restore and got a ton done.. suddenly ps says something about paint and the whole lot goes black.. I use two monitors and my primary wouldn't work .. I've disconnected the  second monitor and now the main one works again..on it's own... I'm half afraid to open ps in case my pc explodes!  I'm really not liking this ps2022.. seems like it has many glitches.. :knuppel:

I haven't visited the forum in a week or two and return to see that files are going back, monitors dying and PCs on the verge of exploding!!

I don't know if there are hardware problems as well as Photoshop bugs, but thought I'd post links to a couple of posts in the Adobe forums about problems with Windows 10 and the latest (23.2.1) Photoshop update. That's the version I've been using, but on MacOS - a number of longstanding bugs are still not fixed, but I haven't had anything new (or at least haven't found it yet) with this version. Are you using Windows 10?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/latest-update-23-2-1-produced-a-lot-of-bugs-on-windows-10/idi-p/12774469

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/photoshop-has-gone-crazy/idi-p/12796035

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/multiple-issues-since-23-2-1-release/idi-p/12794651

Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thanks JoAnn.. please will you take a look at this image and draw if you can where and what you think her legs are doing, also where is her knee cap? I've a ways to go before I get to the legs...

Jo Ann Snover

I've downloaded the image. Will be back later with my best guess at mystery body parts :)
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thanks Jo.. I really appreciate it.. no rush for sure... still working on the other 80%

schen

Here is my guess (or imagination):
Her left thigh is straight at us with the calf bending to the right.
Her right thigh is to the right and the calf is bending backward behind her thigh.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6