• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Baby Williams

Started by Candice, December 03, 2021, 11:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

The interesting thing about baby Williams is that when the first corrections were done, I found a mixture of B/W and Sepia.  Was this a common method of doing a picture to make it have more personality?

Candice

philbach

Hi Candice.  I think the original was b&W and the discoloration was from exposure of some kind.  The placement of "sepia" on his left shoulder doesn't make much sense.
phil

Candice

Quote from: philbach on December 04, 2021, 07:09:19 AM
Hi Candice.  I think the original was b&W and the discoloration was from exposure of some kind.  The placement of "sepia" on his left shoulder doesn't make much sense.

You might be right.  The sepia is on the babies face and other shoulder, too.  Interesting isn't it.  I wonder if the owner of the picture could confirm it?  That however would be a Mary job.  lol
Candice

Candice

Candice

Mhayes

Nice job Candy. Late to the party since down with bronchitis. I think the dark circular patterns probably were some type of decoration, but the water damage makes it just look like blobs. Maybe do another version with them removed?
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Like this, Margie?

Candice

Mhayes

Yes! Like this much better.  :loveit:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Quote from: Mhayes on December 12, 2021, 11:17:13 PM
Yes! Like this much better.  :loveit:

Awesome!  I caught a few more little things and have resent the little one on to, Bambi.  :hug:
Candice

Shadow

Another lovely restore Candy!

Candice

Thank you, Shadow.  Simple, but a sweet restore.
Candice