• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The magic blue channel

Started by Lynnya, November 12, 2021, 02:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi gang.. I'm just starting on this one and just wanted to share the magic of the blue channel.. I did add a little contrast and a thin multiply layer but it was amazing coming out of the blue channel.

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Wowzir! Its always fun when it works like that. Good luck.

Candice

Candice

Jo Ann Snover

It certainly cuts down on the restore work :)
Jo Ann

Lynnya

This is where I'm at with this image.. could do with some input at this point.. I get lost in the layers..

Jo Ann Snover

You're a really good way along with this one. There are some cleanup details left, but very little.

My two observations are about mouths for the kids center and right which didn't quite match what I think I see in the blue channel and I think the background would look better as a solid versus a texture. I think all the texture there is damage.

Here's my edits on your work in progress with the two mouths very slightly changed and the background made a very pale gray. If you turn this layer on and off over your image you'll see the mouth changes more easily (they're very minor, but I think those face details can make a big difference)

See what you think.
Jo Ann

Lynnya

I think you hit the nail on the head! Thank you.  :up:

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Looking good Lynn. Just a couple of thoughts. Maybe a little less softening? This is really fast. Did an Auto Curves and then Dust & scratches and little bit of healing to reduce some of the damage. See what you think.

Lynnya

Thanks lyn..I sent in a second copy with your changes..looks better.

Mhayes

Great job, especially pulling out the detail on the one boy!
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]