• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

1920s wedding party photo badly damaged

Started by Jo Ann Snover, November 11, 2021, 03:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Ann Snover

A little more done today. Not entirely sure how to handle the bundle of veil & train that's on the bride's side (right on the photo). It's probably train, but the details wouldn't be clear given how bunched up it is. The groom's jacket has buttons; the two girls have hands and the somewhat serious bridesmaid has a few more flowers in her bouquet. The side of the bride's chair has depth :)

Jo Ann

Lynnya

Looking good JoAnn.. yeah.. I think that's veil bunched up..maybe you could find a bunched up veil image somewhere?
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

Here's today's progress. Have to figure out what is below the serious bridesmaid's arm (left of photo) - or just put furniture there and cover with the flowers from the child's basket as an alternative. I thought it might be a lace arm cover with a triangular edge, but there's other "stuff" as well that I can't make any sense of :)

Jo Ann

Candice

I see a short sleeve and an arm holding the flowers.  *My 2cents worth. :)
Candice

Jo Ann Snover

Thanks. I also see the arm and short sleeve, but made up something I think is reasonable for the side of the chair. I hope to hear back that what I uploaded is OK :)

Edited to add that it was accepted. Just to finish the "story", here's the final.

Jo Ann

Lynnya

Phew! that was a toughie.. great job JoAnn.
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

Now to let your eyes rest.  The family will be very pleased with your outcome, Jo. 
Candice

Shadow

philbach

phil