• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Friends

Started by philbach, November 04, 2021, 11:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

Hi.  I've enclosed the original and my restored versions of the photo.  I would appreciate it if you would take a look and see if there is more than can be done.  Thanks.

phil

Candice

Candice

Jo Ann Snover

Overall looks great.

Couple of things I noticed - the main one being how the door and carpet/walls look in the original. I've done a set of outlines over the original and then placed them over your work in progress to show the differences I see. I'm fairly certain that the other edge of the wood doorway is visible on the far left. I've also, very roughly, painted/sketched in over the adjusted-color original.

Other things:
- Color has a yellow cast (original was too red, but I think you can get to neutral-ish; I used the poster above the women for a neutral gray)
- on the lower right edge, there's a strange "spooky" pale splotch that needs to look like the rest of the carpet.
- on the bottom of the student's jeans, there are some repeating patterns and a few glitches

See if these help illustrate:

Jo Ann

philbach

Thanks Jo Ann.  I took a look at the original again and looked at each channel instead of just the blue channel and the red channel shows the bottom of the door on the left.  After increasing the brightness of the red channel I uploaded it which clearly shows the bottom of the door.
   To correct the color I used the ladies slacks and the picture on the door on the right but I did not sample the upper one like you did.  I will rework the photo and post it when I am done.
Phil

phil

philbach

Here is my latest after making several adjustments

phil

kiska

Phil, looking good! Especially the white door kick plate and floor.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Jo Ann Snover

You have the door and the far wall just right - I looked again at the original and you picked up the door bottom perfectly (my earlier take was way too long). This is great

The blobs on the left are still there and the dark jeans got cut off in adding the floor. I've made a super-lightened version of your latest work in process and drawn on it to show the areas I'm referring to.

The only other thought is the colors still look very yellow to me
Jo Ann

philbach

Thanks Jo Ann.  I'm getting there. 
phil

Shadow

Wonderful work Phil!  :up:

philbach

phil