• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Happy Bride

Started by Lynnya, October 13, 2021, 07:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

working on this.. need eyes please.. I know some of it won't match the original but I just wanted to capture their happy moment..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

There were a couple of things I noticed:

-I think they're a little too blue - the skin has lost warmth, I think
-The bride's arm is bent at the elbow - you can see the bends just outside of the damaged area. If you ask Bambi for one of the other pictures of the bride (there are a couple with the arm bent at the elbow) you can probably use that to fill in.
-The bride's mouth and teeth don't quite line up - the center of her lip should be above the line separating the front two teeth (they do line up in the original)
-You have something green in both corners of her mouth :)
Jo Ann

Lynnya

thanks JoAnn.. yes it still needs work. I've asked Bambi for some help on this one.  I think she's holding her bouquet as she was in all the other pictures..

Lynnya

Here's my latest.. In the picture of her coming down the stairs with this man who I think may be her father she was carrying her bouquet.. so I'm going for that idea. I've put back some color and changed the repairs on the face.  I know the angle of the arm is not right buy it's the only way I can make it make sense with the bouquet. I could do a version without the flowers. The green things in her teeth are in all the pictures.. must be some kind of brace or something.. not sure..comments. welcome.
:crazy:

Jo Ann Snover

I really like how the bouquet and arm came out and I think the bride's face now looks great.

Couple of suggestions and an image to illustrate.

I think the woman's arm looks too thin below the elbow. I think the fix is simple - i.e. don't try to go back to the original angle. I cloned your lower shadow under the arm at an angle so the thickness of her arm looks as if it matches.

The Dad's suit jacket lapels and shoulder seams have lost their definition, but I added a "Shadow" layer to put them back (layer set to multiply mode; paint in gray with a very soft brush; Gaussian blur or blur brush to soften more)

I cloned back the rest of the Dad's lavender pocket handkerchief. Otherwise, I think it's ready to go!

It's such a great picture of the two of them

Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thanks JoAnn you are right about the arm.. I think the lapel shadow is a tad heavy but I'll give him another.. On the other hand.. trying to draw a straight line beats the heck outa me.. I stole yours and thinned it a bit with a mask ;D Thanks looks better.

Jo Ann Snover

Gaussian blur means that sort-of-straight looks just lovely afterwards!

Seriously, you can draw the lines in shorter segments, following around the seams or layers in the original. If you start with a gray that's too light, you can use levels on the layer to darken it (and to lighten also). You can also reduce the opacity of the layer.
Jo Ann

Lynnya

For some odd reason.. I get halfway down a line that's not too bad and suddenly my pen jumps to the right or left.. all by it's lonesome.. very annoying.