• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

New baby

Started by Lynnya, October 06, 2021, 06:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi everyone and specially JoAnn.. can you see where this young mans right leg ends.. I've pretty much got the rest of it down pat but not sure about that knee..all help appreciated..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

I've drawn over your image with where I think the man's legs are. The notch in his shorts is I think the way they're made - i.e. not damage. I used other colors for the baby and the sofa. Not sure if there's a baby's foot somewhere around the man's shorts-edge (where his legs meet).

Does this help?
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Yes helps thanks JoAnn.  :up:

Lynnya

I've come to a grinding halt..what needs doing please gang.

Jo Ann Snover

I think you're getting close, but I see a few things that don't match up to what I see in the original. I hope these two versions help explain. First is your WIP with outlines overlaid (I made the outlines over the blue channel in the original). Second is some quick and dirty edits I made over your WIP to illustrate what I think it should look like

1. The guy's tee shirt has a pale section behind the blue on the top of the sleeves (a raglan sleeve with blue and the front and back of the tee are paler white/gray (ish))

2. The cushions in your WIP are not quite as I see in the blue channel - he's made a pillow mountain behind him.

3. I think the shorts leg is a few inches longer than you show

4. I think the blanket behind the baby is blue and meets up with the blue blanket you've shown wrapped under the guy's arm. I've hinted at it with a blue overlay - i.e. mine doesn't match but I think it's one blanket and you can steal the texture/color from the part you already did

5. I think the sofa by the window is a more neutral color - less blue

6. I think the black lines on the wall are not actually vertical in the photo - slightly tilted to the left. Not sure what on earth it is though.

I added a layer with some shadows to bring out the cushion shapes a bit better

There are some texture glitches to take care of but you'll take care of those as you finish up.

Hope this helps
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thanks JoAnn.. not too much to fix.. :up: