• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Just checking in

Started by Candice, June 27, 2021, 06:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Nice Phil, reminds me when we had a Catalina 21 sailboat. No thinks of land locked Kansas as good sailing, but we have great winds and plenty of lakes.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

New Orleans will mark on Sunday the 16th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina's terrible disaster and in a chilling coincidence the city will face another challenge when Hurricane Ida hits the shores of Louisiana, apparently with winds of 125 mph.  President Biden declared a state of emergency and low-lying areas were evacuated

Candice

Mhayes

This one is forecast to be worse. Hurricane Katrina was a Cat 3, Ida is forecast to be a 4 and the path will be worse for New Orleans by curving from the west.  This is just the start of Hurricane season.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

It all depends on if it can gather up steam and what direction it decides on taking.  My husband was born and raised there. He and his brother have been talking about it all day.  Thought I'd pass on his thoughts.
Candice

schen

I grew up in the middle of a typhoon alley. Everyone was different but we also had high mountains that made the direction of approach very critical. It already made landfall with Cat. 4 strength.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

philbach

Well I was riding my trike late this morning and I was thinking of Chen's photo he posted of clouds.  I thought it was sort of whimsical or something like that then I looked up and took my iPhone out of my pocket and shot some clouds as well. 

phil

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Shadow