• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Have Patience as More Photos Coming

Started by Mhayes, August 14, 2020, 07:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

I now have 2 photos in my gallery and both of them are not easy. The one with color was a slide that was scanned in and when I tested it out by doing an Auto Curves, it made it worse. That tells me when it was scanned that the bells and whistles were on which makes things harder to correct.

On these two I am not going to restrict to just 1 volunteer working, that way on the Forum it will allow more volunteers to show their work. I will take the best or the combination of several best and let QC decide.

Hopefully more photos will drift in.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

Could this be smoke damage from a built in grill?

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Kerbstone

Don't know Kiska, but screen mode seems to help.

Mhayes

Kiska,

On the top arrow, I would fill in with siding as it may be between windows or door but no way of knowing. On the bottom part I would leave it black out out as it is. The 3 woman may have to be black/white and then colorize or whatever mean you can compensate for the slide being scanned.

I have more pictures coming and they are easy black/white. If you are working on a photo from my gallery do not go on to another until you have finish the one you are working on.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Kerbstone

kiska

Thanks guys. Might have something tomorrow.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Shadow

Go Kiska! Like what you did Kerbstone. Look forward to seeing the final.

Kerbstone

Mhayes

Kerbstone, your next to the last was the better one.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

Lots of shadow/highlights, color balance, hand printing on color layers. Got creative on left black. That's supposed to be dappled tree shadow.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Kerbstone

The girl on the right looks like she has bobby pins.