• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Have Patience as More Photos Coming

Started by Mhayes, August 14, 2020, 07:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

We seem to being going through a feast or famine as far as having photos to restore. Our last last intake from Midland, MI ran dry due to circumstance unforeseen. The good news is that I think we have a chance to do better with the next partnership in Midland, MI. This will be with a big corporation that everyone knows, but who I will keep secret until the details are worked out. This will be different than anything we have done before, but could be a solution to working around Covid-19, but yet offer the people of Midland, MI a better chance of being help.

Not nice to not spill the beans, but I really have to have more information first.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

I always have plenty of pictures that I've done in the past to practice on, Margie.  Thank you for all you do.
Candice

Mhayes

Thanks Candy--way late in getting back but still waiting.

I'm going to let the cat out of the bag because otherwise you will think there is no cat--I mean no photos or partners.  Here is what is going on behind the scenes. We aren't getting a sponsor that will pay our cost, but we are getting one that will saves us money and later we can try for a one time grant with them. The company is FedEx and it is in Midland, MI in a Walmart center. FedEx does scanning and yes, I know we like doing cameras on copy stands better. However, their scanners are top of the line and they will scan photos at our desired resolution, and as they are without any whistles or bells such as color correcting or sharpening. Each photo will cost us .25 cents each with a limit of 20 photos for 50 family limit.  We will also pay $11 for a flash drive to be mail to us by FedEx. Yes, it sounds expensive, but so much cheaper than us flying there and the other expenses involved.

Hopefully this will work out as this is our safest bet. Will let you know when our flier gets approved by Corporate. Thank you Victoria for your work on a great looking flier. Footnote: FedEx Corporate will not allow us to us their logo and we can only put on the flier which FedEx to go to for their copies made. Otherwise it looks like they are sponsoring us. Sorry for the delay.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

What a process.  You're a jewel for staying on top of things, Margie.... and the rest of the team, too!!  Thank you for updating us.   :hug:
Candice

Mhayes

Thanks Candy. It take a team and the volunteers restoring to make this all come together. Check out my revised post before this one as we have a slight hiccup on the flier.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mhayes

Here's the flier that is going on again for Midland, MI. Only this time family's will be able to go to FedEx in the Walmart mall. This is a 1st although I have taken photos before that were scanned by FedEx. They have great scanners and will have all the whistles and bells turned off.

YEAH! Omar Calderon our new Webmaster has updated and fixed the problem.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

When I tried to attach a jpg in another post I got this: /users/kiskamoore/Desktop/groan.jpeg
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Mhayes

Kiska, Omar has updated and fixed the problem.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

I am so glad we have Omar to take over our web maintenance.  :loveit: One invariable thing about software is that the tools and platforms are always changing.
Recently, the OPR web host decided to "upgrade" the PHP version. As a subscriber, our choices were either upgraded it ourselves or did nothing until their upgrade broke our website. Neither one was an attractive option.
This is not the first time our website was broken by an "upgrade" and I am sure it won't be the last time. If you see something that is not working properly, please send an email to [email protected] and we will try to take care of it. Both Omar and I are working full time so we may not be able to get to it immediately, but we will try to fix it soon in our spare time.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

And we have Shen to thank for getting Omar on board after we lost Tess.   :loveit:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Candice

Candice

Mike S.

A Big Thanks to Shujen for finding Omar and all the work they are putting into the web site.

Mike
Mike S.