• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Woman and Three Children

Started by coopmj, July 09, 2020, 06:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coopmj

Hi Everyone,
Please let me know what else should be corrected. I'm sure there's more. Maybe the woman's face looks a bit orange?  I'll play around with that...

Hope everyone is having a nice (socially distant!) summer!

Thanks!!

Mary

Original

WIP

Mhayes

Hi Mary, yes the the woman's face is a bit orange and also take a look at the details in the blue channel of her face and hair. I have forgotten how to use the blue channel to help you bring out the details. Gray matter is dropping everyday.  :'( Kiska, Bambi, Hannie or some of the other volunteers can help you on this. Nice job on the restore.

I couldn't save and post as jpg in the blue channel, so I changed the mode to Grayscale--so don't use mine. If you go to channels and click on the Blue Channel, you will get this.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mhayes

Don't you just love it when you try to go to sleep and you're still trying to remember something you forgot how to do. Well at 2:41 am I had an Ah Ha moment. I couldn't figure out out to get the blue channel on top of the original and change the mode to Luminosity. Duplicate the background went to Channels and click on the Blue Channel since it has the best details, then I did the shortcut of Ctrl A or Cmd A for Mac which will include the whole picture, then Ctrl C for Copy. Go back to Layers and click on your background and do Ctrl V for paste--go up to mode and change to Luminosity and below is what you get. Delete your copy of above and this is where I think I'm missing a step because because the blue channel had to be on the background--Help on this one as I am going back to sleep and don't want to wake up at 3:30 AM  with a vision. Better still, someone can explain this better. The rest of your restore looks good, it just the woman's features and hair that need some tweaking.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

coopmj

Margie, I am honored that you woke up in the middle of the night and thought of my picture--haha! (I usually just wake up and wonder whether I should make a bathroom trip or not... ;D )

I completely understand what you're getting at as I worked in the blue channel for much of this restore.  Clearly though, I gave the woman a bigger head and more hair than she actually has.  I will re-work it and re-post. Stay tuned!

Thanks!!

Mary

G3User

Mary, don't worry about Margie's sleeping pattern. It helps her nag international volunteers in real time

We seem to be having an increasing number of "Days" celebrating all sorts of things here. I suspect you would be having the same issue. What about a day for the Blue Channel without which we would have collapsed under the additional mental stress.

Athol

Mhayes

Mary, Athol's right, but not about the nagging part. I have to keep late hours because certain volunteers across the pond cause trouble in the wee hours over here. I think once you tweak the woman's head and hair, it will be ready to go.

Ahh, I'll see what I can do to lessen the stress.  :funny:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

The only thing I picked up on watching this post was the dynamics of the woman's face.  The eyes were slightly off, as was the nose and the shading/shape of the side of her face by the neck. 

When I overlaid the original I erased everything else but the face.  Then I set the layer at 75% luminosity. I didn't go into a lot of color change, but I did use the tone and color tools that photoshop offers.  It's a slight change but if you toggle back and forth between the two you can see the differences around the chin, nose and side of face.   

Candice

Lynnya

Looking real good Mary.. look forward to seeing the final!  :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

coopmj

She's now got less hair and it looks like I had given her some botox so now, with Candy's help, she's got a few more lines on her face.  (Three little kids will do that to you... :)  Let me know what else you see.

Thanks!

Mary

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

LOL  3 kids that close in age... will definitely do it to ya!    It looks great, Mary!!
Candice

Lynnya

Great job Mary.. one tiny thing I noticed.. mom's hair looks a bit blurred at the back.. maybe you could steal some of that lovely textured hair from the little girl and put a very thin layer over moms to give it a little hair texture.. also if you "motion blur" in the direction you want just a tad it looks really good. Just in case you haven't sent it in.
Lovely job! :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...