• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Wedding Party

Started by Lynnya, April 25, 2020, 02:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hey everyone.. rainy day here in Carnation Washington.. good day to work on a restore.. Please take a look at this color correction... any comments greatly appreciated.. Im wondering if there is still a red cast going on...

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

philbach

Well I believe the color is correct.  Whites are white and black is black.  Your off to a great start.😎
phil

Lynnya

Thanks Phil.. I shall forge ahead..

kiska

I played with the color a little bit.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Lynnya

Thanks Kiska.. working onnit..

Lynnya

Ignoring the whites how are the skin tones coming.. maybe the lady on the right looking at screen is still too pasty?

Mhayes

Lynn, I think she looks pretty good. This photo looks like it is suffering more from age and the owner is going to be really surprised and happy to see it brought back.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

I think the skin tones need a little yellow.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Lynnya

ignoring whites and damage I've added more yellow to the whole thing... will fix dress, groom's suit color separately.. how does it look now..

Shadow

Hey Lynn. The skin tones seem off to me. This is what I see. Did you go back to the original and do the color correction or did you color correct the wip? Think Margie is on to something. Hopefully the color wizards will weigh in with some direction for you. Good luck!

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn.. this is a real doozy skin tone wise.. I may start over I think.  I did a multiply layer early on and I'm wondering if that threw everything off.. All there tones are so different.. and so "off"...

Back to the drawing board  ::)

Mhayes

Lynn, she may actually have looked that way--some makeup and powder and good luck color correcting.  :cool: The photos is much better that I doubt anyone is going to zero in on the woman, but I understand wanting to get it to look perfect. If you try to correct, I would do her on a adjustment layer so as to not change the rest.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Margie.. will do..

Lynnya

Need eyes please..

I could get rid of the red eye...

Kerbstone

Not at all an expert but it looks great to me  :up: