• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Pictures?

Started by Marydh, August 22, 2019, 10:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marydh

Does anyone know if or when we might get some more pictures to work on?
Thanks,
Mary

Lynnya

Hi Mary..was wondering too...they usually have a backlog..
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

They'll be along. 
Candice

Hannie

Yes, the unthinkable happened:  thanks to all of your hard work we are almost out of photos to restore!

Where I live we call this time of the year "cucumber time".  OPR is waiting for contacts to return home from vacation so we can continue to plan a copy run.

In the meantime, for anyone that feels up to it there is a new gallery in Photoshelter appropriately named "Very Hard to Restore".  These are photos from Baton Rouge that were marked as non restore.  It would be good practice and who knows, some of them may get finished this way and be sent home to their owners!

Later today I will add some more images to this gallery.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks for the update Hannie.

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Got back late yesterday from a 3,000+ trip though 6 states and the majority of the time spent in Glacier National Park, MT. Loved having 2 weeks to vacation but coming home is sweet. My two cats let me know they were happy that I returned, but that didn't stop their non-stop vocalizing some of their complaints.

Thanks Hannie for letting everyone know how we stand on photos. As Hannie explained I will know more this coming week if we will be able to plan on a photo rescue that will be as big as what Hurricane Katrina was back when OPR started. I am very excited about what I hope will be our next copy run. It will be bigger and dependent  on working with other organizations. If we are able to plan for this, it will be bigger and totally different than anything we have done in the past. So now that I have left you hanging in suspense; I will leave it at that until I know more from my contact.  ;)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

:up:  and welcome home, Margie!
Candice

Mhayes

Thanks Candy.

I had the pleasure of meeting up with one of our longtime volunteers: Kathleen White. She has been with OPR since March of 2012. Although you don't see her on the Forum, she does a great job of restoring. Hearing that I was going to travel to Glacier National Park, Mt, she wrote to say she works in Whitefish, Mt--on the west side of Glacier--and that if I had a chance to visit her on the weekend when she work at the Imagination Toy Store (great retro toys). Hugh and I were able to make it over on the weekend and it was great to meet in person someone I had been in contact through the years. She was the only one working the store and it was very busy, so our visit was short and sweet. Afterwards we took the ski lift to the top of the mountain for lunch. Wish I had taken some pictures of the town Whitefish as it is a beautiful tourist town.

On one of our short hikes we went to Running Eagle Falls in Two Medicine: http://www.hikinginglacier.com/running-eagle-falls.htm

Great to be home, but really loved the mountains and the many lakes and streams.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Montana is a lovely state. I almost got to meet Christian once. But the plane arrived late and we had family waiting.  That was when my eldest brother passed.  My other big brother, his wife and I did get to take a drive around one day and loved the scenery!!
Candice

Shadow

Sounds like a lovely trip Margie. Welcome home. 

jesterjeni

I have a friend in Montana she sends me beautiful pictures

jesterjeni

i have been missing for a while as life sometimes gets in the way. i have embarked on a new adventure- i have been making realistic baby dolls - they are used for adult therapy tools and  i absolutely love them.

Marydh

Jesterjeni, that's fascinating. How in the world do you make them?

Shadow

Mhayes

Wow Jesterjeni, very realistic.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]