• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Houndstooth dilema

Started by Lynnya, July 30, 2019, 02:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Ann Snover

Take a look at this idea - would have to get distributor OK first - where the arm is similar to the other one and hand not visible

I think that even larger, the original hand looks really strange. If the goal is to make it look better, versus re-create faithfully the odd position of the original, wouldn't taking just a bit more artistic license be OK?
Jo Ann

Lynnya

O.k... ignoring everything else (yet to work on) how does this new hand look.. I know it's not like the blue channel but does it look better? or worse..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Lynnya

We crossed paths Jo Ann - that's a good idea.. see what Margie says and I'll work on both..

Jo Ann Snover

Your hand does look good, but it's still such a weird pose. I like that better than all the other hand versions. If you end up using a hand, I'd just darken the skin a bit to match the other arm (and you can do with another layer; no need to do more cloning)
Jo Ann

Shadow

Wondering if maybe just having the sleeve, as if his arm is behind the girl would work? This is real quick ...

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn.. another approach... I think we should have a competition for arm and hand positions..  :funny:

Jo Ann Snover

If it's just the sleeve, I think there needs to be a visible fold and some forearm. With just the dangling sleeve on the left side of the picture it looks as if he's lost his arm altogether.

Look at this as an example of how the body folds

It probably should show some bare skin at the elbow given the length of the sleeves, but I think you could fudge that and it not be noticeable.
Jo Ann

Candice

I think the one with the hand in the belt area looks right, but that's just me.
Candice

Mhayes

I agree with the hand by the belt. Lynn, I think your latest is a big improvement. Yes, a weird  position, but maybe the kid didn't know what to do with his hands. Or the photographer was trying to get a picture before one of them moved. ;)
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks all for the input.. I'll darken that hand a bit Jo Ann ... I agree it's odd but I'll go with it.. I wish I could get more of the elbow back look a bit.. it would make more sense..

Stand by for new versions.

Lynnya

Ok here's where I'm at ... losing the plot now... :crazy:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Marydh

Looks terrific!  Great job on the little girl's dress.

Lynnya

Thanks Hannie and Mary... can you see anything that needs doing? anyone? :cool:

kiska

Might tone down the blue in the skin tones...a quickie.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro