• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Family Pic

Started by Marydh, July 28, 2019, 03:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marydh

Hi everyone.  Could use some extra eyes on this one. 
What do you think?
Thanks,
Mary

Jo Ann Snover

It's looking good, but I did spot a few small things that need fixing:

-The left side of the picture frame (by the boy's head) is skewed so it doesn't line up with the original. The frame is different from the original - the inner ridge on the molding is missing
-The standing boy's shirt sleeve is super sharp where it's fixed. Should be very soft edge like the rest
-The baby's lips are very asymmetrical and don't look natural.
-Highlights on the baby's forehead are blown
-The trouser leg for the standing boy stops at the older man's elbow. I think it needs to continue down

You did a great job getting the yellow out, but the restore looks a bit washed out. You might experiment with a little more contrast (while keeping the highlights) and or a bit of vibrance for the skin tones to see if that perks it up a bit.

Nearly there!!
Jo Ann

Marydh

Goodness, I have no idea what happened to her forehead.  Geez.
Yeah, I had the frame skewed like the original but it looked goofy but I think I have it right now.
I fooled with the baby's lips for WAY too long.  I think she's smiling more than I have her but I don't want to fool with it anymore.  I hate it when I can't get it to look the way I see it in my head.
I think I perked it up a little bit but any more and it got too dark.
So whadaya think?

Jo Ann Snover

Take a look at these adjustments to your WIP - I think the baby is smiling more (I made some outlines over the original) and there are a lot of areas where the shadows have been lost. Around the nose, jaw line, cheeks, etc. I added those back without cloning. I also pulled back some of the highlights on the whites (I think the boy's shirt might not have been white, but let's just call it white :)

There was some odd damage on the older man's elbow (right of picture) that I touched up too.

See what you think

Jo Ann

Marydh

Thanks a lot  Jo Ann.  I'll take a look.  (Wine time right now though. 🍷) 😎

Jo Ann Snover

Have to keep your priorities in order :) à votre santé
Jo Ann

Marydh

Is this better?  What I thought were her lips were really the inside of her mouth.  (Duh)

Jo Ann Snover

Much, much better. She has that "happy baby" smile.

The shadow areas on people's faces don't look different from the earlier version - did you decide to leave that be?
Jo Ann

Marydh

Oopsy.  I thought you just meant the baby.  I'll fix and send it on.  Thanks so much for your help.  The baby thanks you too. 🐥