• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Two sweet girls

Started by Marydh, June 29, 2019, 06:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marydh

Can you guys take a look and see what you think the white thing at the bottom is?
Could it be a cast?  I don't think it's damage.
Thanks, Mary

Jo Ann Snover

Could it be white tights? We can see both legs from the girl on the right of the picture but I think the girl on the left is slouched over a bit and possibly her other leg isn't visible
Jo Ann

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Marydh

Yeah, I'm thinking it's too wide for her leg in tights but I guess I'll leave as is (after clean up).

Now, I'd love some advice on the wallpaper.  How would any of you approach that?  One problem is that I can't clone the good part because there is no repeat pattern that I can tell.

Lynnya

Hi Mary.. others may have a better solution but I would just repeat the "good" parts of the wall paper.. I think there is some repeating pattern if you look at the far left and right..I don't think there is any way to get it completely right.. I think Margie would say it's the girls that are the most important.. :) Look forward to your final Mary.. it'll be good I know..
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

As Lynn says, there is a repeat, but it's a very large one and you don't have much that's in the same perspective and coloring to borrow from.

However, take a look at this somewhat quick and dirty version with something made from the usable (similar lighting & focus and somewhat similar perspective parts) areas. It isn't really the repeat, but I think it looks generally believable. Or at least it doesn't stick out too much as obviously wrong:

I made a copy of the left half of the urn behind the older girl's head and flipped it (and had to skew size and perspective) to get a whole urn without her gold bow.

On another layer I painted colors to match the background of the wallpaper in the damaged areas (and blurred it so it was smooth). Then I used to healing brush to put parts of the urn design onto my painted wallpaper background - that takes on the paint colors vs. keeping the original ones. I don't see anything in focus enough to use for the ivy leaves in a curl that should really be under the urn so I just used something else.

If that makes any sense.

Apply your own flying dog where you think it should go :)
Jo Ann

Marydh

LOL Jo Ann.
All that is good stuff.   Thanks  Lynn and Jo Ann.  I think if it doesn't have to follow the pattern perfectly I'll be ok.
While I'm here......I can't figure out the dress on the girl on the right (older one).    Does the dress go past the chair on the right or is that damage?  Also, I'm thinking the floral part on her lap is a skirt over the blue?  At first I thought it was a scarf she was just hanging onto.

Lynnya

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

Ha!!

So about the dress. Take a look at this set of outlines over a brighter version of that part of the picture. I think the black part with silver edging is net or some type of translucent fabric. You can see the legs and arms through parts of it. And I do think it extends past the girl, but not over the chair seat; just off to the side

I think the velvet floral part is just more fabric that's part of a very elaborate dress that she's hitched up to sit down (and perhaps someone should have arranged a little to cover her up better :)) See what you think

Jo Ann

Marydh

Thanks Jo Ann.  I totally agree..
Lynn,  LOL again!