• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Young Couple

Started by Lynnya, March 27, 2019, 04:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi gang.. working on this one and could do with some input so far.. I can see what looks like damage by her right eye (on screen)

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

If you look at the blue channel, I think you'll be able to see the chins - his is longer than you have it and her's a little more pointed. Also the shirt collar shape for him is visible. Outlines will help I think

They look a little too dark and desaturated - a little too "Walking Dead" in the color department??
Jo Ann

Shadow

Hi Lynn. Thanks for posting this one. Was hoping to see how it would be cleaned up. Did a quick Curves Layer using K Eismann's tip to select the good area. See what you think on your screen. Good luck!

Jo Ann Snover

I had to run out earlier. See if these doodles help explain what I think I see in this image

Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn and Jo Ann.. yeah color definitely is off - will continue on - appreciate all help.  :loveit:

Lynnya

Jo Ann Snover

That's looking great! Struggle has produced huge improvements :)

Color is good. The only suggestion I'd make is that the man's 5 o'clock shadow is a little pointy at his chin - perhaps make it more of a curve that follows his chin?
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Yes I see that now ... Thanks so much for all your help Jo Ann.. I'll fix and send him home..

Shadow

Really nice Lynn! Little thing ... might just be me, her hand color seems a bit off. Real quick - copied her hand to another layer and used the Desat Sponge at 50% to reduce some of the color and then changed Layer Mode to Soft Light. Duped that layer and reduced the layer opacity to 50%. Am sure there's a better way but see what you think.

Jo Ann Snover

The hand doesn't match the face exactly, but take a look at this method's results to see if the skin matches better

I put several layers in a group and put a mask on the group (folder) for just the hand, skipping the ring.

Inside the folder were three layers. At the bottom, a curves adjustment layer with the center pulled down to darken the midtones. Next  a black and white layer at about 40% opacity to partially desaturate. On top a pixel layer where I had cloned skin from the woman's cheeks and forehead, set to Soft Light blend mode. That picks up the color and texture of her skin a little better (obviously avoid any areas with edges, but it doesn't have to be too detailed)

Any more techniques to consider (as long as Lynn's sanity is holding up)?
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn and Jo Ann... should be a fairly easy fix so sanity still in tact.. :D I've sent it in but will resend.. often do that with Bambi..

Lynnya

How's this... what else needs attention...

Jo Ann Snover

I think it's better, although very slightly different tone from her face. I'd see if Bambi thinks it's close enough
Jo Ann

Shadow

Candice

The work you've done on this is pretty amazing, I only have one pick on it.  It's the brides hand position.  After going back and forth and forth and back, this is how I see it. I also overlaid the original to bring back out the highlights of the hair.  There's my  2 cents worth.    :hug:

Candice