• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

2 Girls

Started by david_gr, October 05, 2018, 07:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david_gr

Here is a picture of 2 girls.  It seems pretty straightforward (I hope).  Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions. 

Jo Ann Snover

I take it you're not done yet?

If you are done, then I see a number of edges (oldest girl's arm, the grass at the bottom, as examples). The healing brush should smooth the arm out. The right edge of the picture needs fixing, and the red on the oldest girl's face is still visible (I'd use a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer and reduce the saturation for reds, masked to just that area).

I think the highlights on the skin need to come down a bit - it's great to brighten the image, but not everywhere equally.

In brightening it, the sepia color is more saturated than it was; I think a little less would look more authentic. There may be rules about making these monochrome though, so perhaps check with your distributor on policy.

Looks like such a lovely garden...

Jo Ann

david_gr

I think it was more hoping I was done than anything else.  Jo Ann, Thanks for the tips.  I will see what I can do with them.

Lynnya

Hi David, I think with Jo Ann's tips it'll be a great restore! Lovely picture.. I too found the sepia tone a bit too heavy.. when I did a levels adjustment in red green and blue separately it came up quite a bit more black and white and less sepia..
Look forward to your final. :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

david_gr

Thanks for the suggestions.  Here is what I have done with them. 

Shadow

Hi David, it's coming along nicely. Maybe clean up the edges some more? Used the Healing brush and the Clone Stamp on a new layer with a low opacity to show you what I mean. (Click on the picture and then again in PS and you'll see the full size version you provided.)

Lynnya

Nice work David, with Shadows tips it'll rock  :cool: (I'm being modern.. my grandson taught me).
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

David, I agree and coming along nicely. Weird how my eye is drawn to the middle girl's knee that looks like a nipple. I wonder if this is because of water damage.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

david_gr

Thanks for the catch Margie.  I had fix the knee in Pixlr.  I added an SSD to my computer and I had to reinstall my programs.  Adobe no longer wants to let me install my version CS 5 of Photoshop.  Rather than fight Adobe, I figure to try GIMP.  Hopefully, I can figure it out.