• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Started by Shadow, November 15, 2017, 09:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

A bit of a puzzler for me. Please check out this new one and share your thoughts on the color correction. Did the usual Color Adj for the whole image. Background seemed dark and reddish so masked out foreground with the boy and set Middle Gray with Levels. What a difference. Whatcha' think gang?  :P

Lynnya

Hmmm... bit of a loss to help on this one Lyn... I probably would have left it dark but that's not necessarily right.. :P  I'll be interested to see what others say...
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Leaning toward the dark also. Color sure can be tricky  ::)  Thanks for your input.

Hannie

Difficult one Shadow.  The background has a fair amount of magenta.  Not sure if that is damage but when you look at the subject there is no magenta there at all.
I also like the darker one better, not sure what would be right here.

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

So, 3 for darker.  :up2:  This is where we're at. The drape thing is a mess. If you click on the image you can zoom in and see what I mean. Not sure which way to go from here. Welcome ALL suggestions gang! How would you approach the background? Thanks.

Hannie

Shadow,
I would try and repair as much as possible of the background as it is and then  run a filter <dread>, masking out the rest.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

I agree with Hannie.. you could also try (it may not work but I use it a bit) blur-motion blur in the direction of the drape.. (if they are drapes) and they actually do look like drapes.. works wonders sometimes..just mask the drapes...I tried it lyn and it looked pretty good.. you might have to jump some drapes at the top to combat the blur problem and also add a fair bit of noise-blur gaussian blur bout 1px - pixelate-mosaic 2 px.. see what you think..

Shadow

Thanks for the guidance Hannie and Lynn. Will give it a go.

Mhayes

The eye goes to the boy and all else is forgotten--just don't take this too literally.  ;)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

You made me smile Margie. And you're right, the eye goes right to his big grin. Final?

Lynnya

Looks great Lyn.. one tiny pick..my eyes went straight to his left leg (on screen) the area around his pant leg has a pale halo around it.. took my eyes away from him.. other than that its wonderful!!

Shadow

'preciate the good eyes Lynn. Better?

Lynnya

PERFECT!!  :up: :up: :up: :hug: