• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What did you get up to today?

Started by Tess (Tassie D), April 01, 2017, 05:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Ann Snover

The arrow on a file or folder indicates it's an alias. A pointer to where the actual file or folder lives. You can select the alias and right click to "Show Original" so you can find the source
Jo Ann

kiska

"Revert capture time to original"???
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Jo Ann Snover

No lunch in the garden for me today!

Jo Ann

Lynnya

Hey Jo Ann, nice to see you.. same "no lunch" here as well....

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

It's the first time in a while that Pacific Northwest and New England have been on the same weather page!

This was Monday afternoon - 61 degrees!!

Jo Ann

schen

The temperature differences across the country is incredible, giving Storm Olive plenty of energy!

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Lynnya

18 degrees here in Pacific Northwest.. my chickens sleep in the trees silly birds, I was so worried but they have survived.. crazy weather. :wow:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

Ha!  Wednesday it was 65.  Today is 25.  Gotta love Oklahoma!
Candice

schen

Spring is here if you believe it. Last week, we had five days of above 80 highs by Sunday evening, and it dropped below freezing.

Shujen Chen

schen

This year, I started volunteering at Morton Arboretum. My job title is Phenology Monitor and my task is to observe and record the seasonal changes in the plants for the research. I have been assigned 15 oak trees. Here are the pictures of six different oaks' catkins (the male flowers). For the tree nerds, they are (clockwise from the upper-left corner) fernowii, alba, shumardii, georgiana, bicolor, and rubra. Their common names are Fernow's, White, Schneck's, Georgia, Swamp White, and Red. It takes me about an hour each week and the best parts are that it gets me out of my chair, takes me into the woods, and saves me $15 per visit.

Shujen Chen

Hannie

What a great volunteering job Shujen.  Will you also have to record any changes in birds and insects?

I still feel somewhat traumatized when I see catkins.  When I was 6 years old I went to the park and took some branches with catkins to give to my mother (she loved them).  The park ranger saw what I had done and had a few words to  say about it.  I had to give my name and address and lived in fear for the rest of the week for the ranger to come to my house and tell my parents.   :knuppel:
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Jo Ann Snover

I learned something about catkins - thanks schen! The woods around me are showing more signs of spring every day - including the skunk cabbage!

Jo Ann

Shadow

Wonderful Schen! And your pic of the woods is so inviting Jo Ann!

schen

Hannie, they do have traps for insects. I know there are people working on frogs and snakes but I am not sure about birds. But my responsibility is limited to 15 oak trees.

One semester in college, I went crazy and signed up for a class in plant taxonomy. I was more interested in the philosophy of taxonomy then. It's fun to come back to it half a century later.
Shujen Chen

Mhayes

Wow! Congrats Schen, what an interesting way to volunteer. Keep us posted.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]