• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What did you get up to today?

Started by Tess (Tassie D), April 01, 2017, 05:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schen

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Shadow

Shadow

We have been watching this gorgeous tree for a while. The bark is falling off leaving the smooth white trunk. Its happening near a couple of ponds we visit.

Jo Ann Snover

Jo Ann

Mhayes

Lovely shadow, and I agree with Jo Ann that it looks like a Sycamore.  Love their bark and leaves.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Margie and Jo Ann. Its always a good day when I learn something new. Putting these pics out to see if someone knows the name of the plant with the red flowers. We were out exploring a few weeks ago and came across these gorgeous planters on a little bridge over a pond. We went back every day for a week and they remained just as gorgeous and hardy as they are here. Any ideas?

Candice

Candice

schen

Shadow, I think they are cockscomb. Beautiful planter!

There are two free phone apps I used often to identify plants, PlantNet and iNaturalist. You might want to give them a try.
Shujen Chen

Lynnya

That is a lovely planter indeed and a nice park by the looks of it  :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thanks for the info and tip Schen. Will check out the apps. And thanks Lynn and Candy. Glad you enjoyed the plants. The colors were so striking.
Wish everyone a lovely weekend.  :)

Mhayes

Shadow, what a beautiful planter.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

Yesterday, we had the reddest clouds I could remember at sunset.

Shujen Chen

philbach

Well up here in Wisconsin we had quite the blizzard with 35 mph east winds off of Lake Michigan.   Just before bedtime tonight I peaked out the curtains and took this photo and then closed the curtains again real fast.

phil

Lynnya

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

kiska

What does this arrow mean. Dropbox no longer appears is ps Bridge.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro