• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What did you get up to today?

Started by Tess (Tassie D), April 01, 2017, 05:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

My South African blood lily, Haemanthus coccineus, was open before I even noticed. Managed to get a photo after a honey eater bird had it's way with it lol.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Love your blood lily Tess, are there no leaves?
South African lilies are so sneaky!  I have a clivia, one day there is nothing and the next there is the flower.  I can never catch it coming up... :mad:
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Beautiful flower Tess. Looked it up so I could see the pre-honey-eater-bird look. The clivia is gorgeous too Hannie. What else do you gals have in your gardens?

Candice

I bet the bees love your flower, Tess!
Candice

Tess (Tassie D)

Quote from: Hannie on April 04, 2017, 11:32:16 AM
Love your blood lily Tess, are there no leaves?
South African lilies are so sneaky!  I have a clivia, one day there is nothing and the next there is the flower.  I can never catch it coming up... :mad:
Hannie, it has large leaves first, they die off and the flower comes up. It's weird.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Some of our roses.

Lillies.

Camelia

Koalas.  ::)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Tess, you have a regular zoo there!
The camelia is gorgeous, not easy to get them to look like that. 

Your South African blood lily sounds like an alien...  :)

This is my morning photo, the coots are busy nesting in a canal near my house.  What the dachshund is to dogs, the coot is to birds:  totally fearless and feisty.

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Interesting bird Hannie. I read up on them and they are quite vicious to their chicks if there are too many to feed.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

What would we do without our nature walks each day... this is another part of our walks.. they set us up for the day physically and spiritually  :)

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Wow Lynn. What a great place to walk. Here's our morning outing. Some spring babies were out for a stroll.

Tori803

Love the ducklings! We have migrating birds back but haven't seen any babies yet. A path in a local park we enjoy:

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Shadow

Those ducklings are a hoot. We have been watching them every morning.
Like your park path Tori. We enjoy paths or trails that have that dappled sunlight. Something about being surrounded by ole' Mother Nature.

Hannie

I love the backlight on the ducklings, great Easter photo!

This is such a nice topic.  When I went out this morning I noticed that over the years I have paid less and less attention to what is out there in my neighbourhood. 

I saw that the the city placed floating islands in the canal and the birds are building nests there. 
Also lovely little potted floral arrangements that residents place on the sidewalks.   :)

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Beautiful!  Beautiful! Quack (beautiful) :)
Candice

Mhayes

Beautiful says it all, but now I am so jealous! Things are just starting to leaf out here and my only hope was that a storm would come through before nightfall--now it is at 10 pm. I'll think of something and in the meantime I will sulk.  ;)

This has been a really fun subject--keep it up.  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]