• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What did you get up to today?

Started by Tess (Tassie D), April 01, 2017, 05:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Saw two more Elk calves yesterday... the moms leave them by the fences (there are lots of fences to keep cattle in) we think the reason is cos the babies can't jump the fence!! so Mom has to leave them there all day coming back for them in the evening to feed and roam about.. they seem to fair well doing this..they look up sometimes but mostly lay low and we are very careful about not getting too close or getting out of the truck..
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Tess (Tassie D)

Aww, so sweet.

We had our second heavy frost this weekend so I started pruning my roses. Only got 9 done and have 25 bushes to do. :(
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

I always find it interesting that while were having summer you're into to winter.   PS.... Keep trimming!! 
Candice

Shadow

I too forgot about you guys approaching winter Tess. 34 rose bushes to trim ...  :D  Hang in there.
That baby is SO sweet Lynn. Great vantage point you have in the truck!  :)
Hannie, bet it feels good now that the deck is done. That is a BIG job. Looks like new. Will there be drinks on the deck this evening?  :cool:

Lynnya

Pulling out tomorrow for Utah.. this place is magic.. almost overwhelming in it's spiritual beauty.. :halo: ..below is a Whistling Marmot.. he said "what you lookin at"...

and this is the Sneffles Range and valley below.. fantastic when the yellow Aspens are out in Fall...

Hannie

No drinks on the deck Shadow, it still needs to dry!
34 rose bushes?  Where do you keep them all Tess, you have a botanical garden?
Lynn, amazing shot of the whistling marmot, wonder if his name is Otis. 

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Otis is a perfect name for that little cutie. Great shot. Wow Lynn. Must be hard to pull yourself away from all that beautiful landscape. Hope your drive has gone well today.
Hannie, silly me. Always the eager beaver!  ;)  How long does it take for the deck to dry? Bet Tess is wishing she was sitting out on a dry deck about now ... all the roses!  :D

Hey Otis ... looking for a good time!  :funny:

Lynnya

Cute little critter Shadow.. well worth chasing  :cool:

Tess (Tassie D)

Those mountains look breath taking Lynn.

Shadow, I love squirrels, they are so cute.

Lovely deck Hannie. It came up well, what do you use on it?

No I don't have a botanical garden just 1/2 an acre to look after. I'll get some photos later.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Tess, the pond has squirrels everywhere. Such happy little creatures.
As for your rose trimming .... Mom and I have a giant root beer floats when we get too tired trimming roses, and then it's back at it. Just saying.  ;)
Look forward to your pics.

Tess (Tassie D)

Here you go Hannie. Not good at stitching photos together but the first photo is our side yard. Right down the back behind the fence is the orchard.

Front yard.

Back patio garden.

Fernery.

Lilly garden.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Lol, yes you do have a botanical garden Tess!
What an amazing space and the lilies looks gorgeous.   Lots of space for Mollie to roam around too.

I know you make your own tomato sauce, do you use part of as a vegetable garden or is it too dry there?
Your nasturtium is still blooming, did you know that the whole plant is edible and loaded with vitamins and lutein.

Shadow, I was not sure what root beer floats are, something like this?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Quote from: Hannie on June 07, 2017, 06:04:53 AM
Lol, yes you do have a botanical garden Tess!
What an amazing space and the lilies looks gorgeous.   Lots of space for Mollie to roam around too.

I know you make your own tomato sauce, do you use part of as a vegetable garden or is it too dry there?
Your nasturtium is still blooming, did you know that the whole plant is edible and loaded with vitamins and lutein.

Shadow, I was not sure what root beer floats are, something like this?

:funny: :funny: :funny:

Hannie

Candice

Shadow

Tess, you do have a botanical garden. Wow. Hope you have a riding lawn mower  ::)
And Hannie,

Tess (Tassie D)

Hannie, our neighbour grows all the tomato varieties so we swap figs for them. We might grow a few this coming summer and see how they go.
Shadow we have a ride-on mower. No way we could mow all this including outside the front fences without it. Our youngest taking it for a test drive. :)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]