• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Portrait of a boy

Started by Lynnya, March 08, 2017, 08:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Just starting on the little brother of the little girl I just finished.. color correction only so far...levels RGB - neutral gray point - touch of vibrance...comments welcome..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Looks like you are off to a good start!

Lynnya

Struggling a bit through this one.. I'm finding this photographers idea hard to get my head around ..trying to stick to the original.. :cool: losing the plot a bit.

Background was on an empty layer and blended in with blur.. noise, pixelate and reduced the sat a bit.  The hair I filched from his own hair jumping the layers and blending in.. the damage on his arm to my left I cloned as much as I could then painted the rest in on a seperate layer... did Phlearns skin texture from scratch method which is: Paint on empty layer, open another new layer and fill with 50%gray.. make into a smart object.. noise of 51.85 (yup.. loads) then gaussian blur 0.3 - create clipping mask to paint below.. then filter, styalize and emboss messing with the numbers to make it look like skin.
Clear as Mud?
Please comment and suggest. Thanks

Shadow

Wonderful job with the arm and A for the teaching! The shadow area on the bkgd boy head is a bit on the red side on my screen ... not sure it's not supposed to be that way though? Way to go Lynn  :up: :up:

Lynnya

How's this.. thanks so much for such good eyes.. I love how we work together on these images..  :hug:

Shadow

Beautiful! Send the sweetie home.

Hannie

Great job Lynn!
The Levels may adjusted a little more?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

I sent him home Hannie... :( I'll adjust and send a second in... thanks for your good eyes :hug:

Mhayes

Looking good Lynn and he and little sister are now in good shape.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]