• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Girl on a red stool

Started by Lynnya, March 05, 2017, 03:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Just starting this one in Margies Forum.  RGB levels - neutral gray curves - lightened the blacks just a tad from 10 to about 13 - touch of vibrance.. comments welcome.

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

Lynn,

This looks about right, but try the original and do the "Auto Curves" and you should come out good also.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

After reading your post on shadow's color correction I did go back and do the same as you and it did come out about the same.. maybe a little hazier on the auto curves -

Mhayes

Figured maybe it would. On both the skin tones versions the skin tones were good. Mine didn't appear hazy, but looked the same as yours. I very seldom try finding neutral gray first unless the color is so messed up that that I have to try a different way. What I'm beginning to see is everything thrown at color correcting to try to get what a person's idea of what it should look like, rather than what it was originally. If neutral gray is not spot on, then everything after that is not going to be true.

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Know you will do a great job.

Lynnya

thanks Shadow and Margie.. here is my WIP... just starting on blocking in the background etc... pretty rough at present.. it's my intention to soften, change the color a bit and add noise and pixelate all on this layer.. see how it goes :crazy:

working on the dress.. jumping the good parts and transforming to opposite side - hide all and paint back in - still have to work on the chair and background lighting..

Shadow

Looking really good Lynn. You did wonders with the background. Would you share your steps for how you made it look so good? The dress is coming along nicely!  ^-^

Hannie

Looking good Lynn!

There may be just a little more hair on theleft side of baby's face?
(a little more wispy than what I did probably)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn and Hannie.. Haven't started on the faces or hair yet... :hug: Lyn will share background method when I get home..Am looking on phone...

Hi again I'm home 8).. re the background..

On a new empty layer I cloned and cloned like mad at about 80% opacity.. all over the left.. then I went over it again at a low opacity to soften and blend more..
With just that layer I used gaussian blur til really soft - still on that layer I added noise - quite a lot.. about 12 I think, not sure now.. then I went to pixelate - mosiac at about 5 to try to match the other side of the image.. then I did a new layer adjustment hue sat to again try to match the colors - then I merged that layer down.. when I felt I'd done as much as I could with the cloning etc I stamped visible and started on the dress jumping the good parts to the damaged parts. Still a long way to go.. chair next...Hope this helps.

jesterjeni

Lynnya

Thanks Jeni - ok gang.. put ya glasses on.. this is where I'm at.. I'm trying to stay as close to the original as I can...

Shadow

Thank you very much for the bkgd steps!  :wnw: The bkgd and dress look excellent. Right above the closeup of the little girl there appears to be a dark line ... maybe an errant clone stroke? Enjoying watching you work your magic with this one Lynn.  :)

Bambi

Love reading the threads. Very interesting.

Mhayes

Looks great Lynn, and second Bambi's thoughts.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks all.. thanks Shadow will fix errant clone stroke.. I did see that and forgot to fix it.. ::) then I'll send her home.