• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Check in to tell us where you're from...

Started by John, June 25, 2006, 02:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Welcome from Kansas to Eric and Mary. Eric was on the last copy run to Austell, GA, so he has a real feel for the type of photos that come in. We are happy to have you both and hope to see a lot of you on the Forum.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

A warm welcome from Amsterdam to Mary and Eric!
(I have been to Atlanta Airport many times ;-))

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

John, Eric and Mary (and any other newbies I've neglected - my bad - my apologies!)

If I haven't welcomed you yet  I definitely want to do so. (I go in and out of awareness of my surroundings, depending on the stress level in my life.  Being a working stiff old fart with a newly-retired husband and 10 elderly cats, that has become an issue of late)  It's always wonderful for OPR to get "new blood" to keep us from getting stale.  Our newbies have contributed much in the way of new ideas, expertise and enthusiasm.  Always a wonderful thing.

Since I'm an old-timer (one of the first members), I'm not sure how appropriate it is for me to wax too poetic about this bunch, but I think you've joined one of the most wonderful world-wide group of people you could ever find.  We help each other with our challenges, offer moral support, hard-time each other in fun when we need a break from the pixel pushing.  It's a great forum in which to hang out.  And if you read through the threads and find the thank you notes you'll realize why we're so dedicated to this job.  There are many tips & tricks, tutorials, opinions and discussion that'll help you with the restorations as well as help you become Photoshop experts in no time.

I wish for you as wonderful an experience as I've had being a proud OPRster!

Cheers,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

johnalever

Hello, all.  Relatively new (4 restorations so far).  I'm from Long Beach, MS, USA.

Mhayes

Hi John, Welcome from Kansas and for a newcomer you have hit the deck running. Great to have you!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Johnos

Hey all,
John from Ireland here...Just dropped in to say hey to everyone...The site is a fantastic idea and I'm genuinely glad to be a part of it  :up:

glennab

Hi John

A huge welcome to OPR from sunny Florida.  If you're into photo restoration and love doing something special for other people, you're in the right place.  In a couple of months, I'll have been an OPR-ster for 4 years, and I've loved every minute of it.

We have a wonderful, generous, sometimes nutty (who said that?) group on the forum, and there's always someone standing by if you run into a question or challenge that you're not sure how to handle.  We run into photos that are like Rorschach tests - can't tell what's in portions of the image.  We post to get feedback on what other people see - and usually someone figures it out.  We have tutorials or can find someone who can dig up tips & tricks for some of the more unusual issues, and everyone shares.  So don't hesitate to post if you run into an enigma!

I'm so glad you've joined us, laddie!

Cheers,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Hi Johnos,

Greetings from Kansas! We are very happy to have you joined us and what is so wonderful about OPR is what a global network we have become.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Oldfaded

KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5
Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2

Hannie

Yummy, delightful Cabot Cheddar, my favorite!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

penegway

Hi from Northeast Oklahoma, USA. Haven't been here for a while due to muscle disease, hard to hold a tablet pen. So much going on with the tornado's and flooding.
Perhaps I can help out once again.
Leave things better than when you found them.

Tori803

Welcome back penegway! We could sure use the help!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

photomedium

Tess (Tassie D)

Welcome Jim from way down under in Australia. Hope you enjoy yourself here.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Jim, welcome from Amsterdam.
Glad you joined us.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]