• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Check in to tell us where you're from...

Started by John, June 25, 2006, 02:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannie

Great to have you on the forum Dave, hope we'll see lots of you (postings I mean)!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

Hannie, we know EXACTLY what you mean.   :halo:

Welcome Dave!
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Marisa

Ausimax

Welcome to the "Funny Farm", Marisa & Dave, being mad is not compulsory - but it helps! ;D

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Boy, I miss a day on the forum (busting butt on another batch of yellow scratches) and almost miss a chance to say hi to our newbies.

Welcome Marisa and Dave.  I hope you'll be part of our ongoing conversation on the forum - we've become one huge, wonderful (if slightly dysfunctional - kidding, guys) family!

Dave, even though I've lived in Florida for 40 years, I was born in Lancaster, New Hampshire, and consider it one of the most beautiful of our states.  Mount Washington is the most fascinating place in the world.  Some of my family lives near the base of the mountain.

I'll look forward to both of you adding to the great discussions we have, especially the really deep contemplations such as cats vs. dogs!

Hugs to you both, and I'm glad you're with us.

Glenna

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Marisa and welcome also. Hope you have fun going crazy with the rest of us here.  :crazy:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Hi Marissa.  Welcome!!

I'll caution both you and Dave.  Restoring photos can become addicting!  And...it's a lot of fun, and for a great purpose and cause.

Christine

Ratz

Hi Marissa and Dave, welcome aboard :up:

glennab

To all our wonderful newbies:

I'll add to Christine's disclaimer about addiction to the restorations.  My husband is threatening to put a hidden off-switch on my computer so I'll quit and come to bed at a decent hour.  At 10:30 as beloved heads for the sack: "Oh, come on, I'll clean just a few more scratches and I'll come to bed."  At 1am: "Holy smoke, my alarm goes off at 5:30. What was I thinking???? Well, just a few more scratches..."  At 5:30 am: "OMG what WAS I thinking?  I'll just lie here and listen to NPR for a few more minutes... SNORE!"  At 8:20am to my art department: "Hi guys, I'm running a little late.  I'll get there as soon as I clean the litter boxes."  And so it goes...

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

Oh my another new name!!  Isn't it WONDERFUL!!! 

hUgS AND wElcOme
Candice

dtcjem

Quote from: Charlene5 on April 04, 2008, 10:08:42 PM
Welcome to the assylum, Dave  :wow:   How long have you been doing pictures and what got you started?

MJ

Hello all and thanks for the welcomes!!  I have been a sideline observer for about two months, and am just learning restoration.  I have been using photoshop for about a year, and at time feel like I have never seen the software before  :mad:.

Love to see the work that this group is doing and I am looking forward to becoming involved!!

Dave

klassylady25

Oh another one for the racks!!  Get the tools ready: scratch machine, dots, mildew, water runs.... call out........ :wow: 

Tee hee.... we've got you now!!

Welcome,
Candice

Johnboy

Quote from: dtcjem on April 06, 2008, 01:04:21 PM
I have been using photoshop for about a year, and at time feel like I have never seen the software before  :mad:.

Welcome Dave.  Don't worry about the software knowledge. Just ask a question and you will get lots of help. Check out some of the tutorials in some of the threads. Folks find lots of great ones from time to time. It is just taking the time to delve into them when you are in the middle of restorations.

Don't worry about the comment by Candice. They do that stuff to all of us. Somehow the photo always looks worse once you get it downloaded than it did in the gallery.

Johnboy