• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Check in to tell us where you're from...

Started by John, June 25, 2006, 02:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pappy725

The other Fredericksburg,

the one in TEXAS!!!

This is such a great idea!  Thanks for starting it up!!

Stephen

macieklew

Hi,

Maciek from Dundee, Scotland

Newbie in here and waiting for easy photos in Becky's gallery.

glennab

Welcome, Maciek.  You're the first Scotsman I'm aware of in OPR.

You've just joined the most wonderful world-spanning group of people you can imagine! Don't hesitate to post if you need any help with your restorations. There's a wealth of knowledge in this organization and you'll find any plea for help will be met with responses from some amazingly talented and experienced volunteers!

Best wishes

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

macieklew

Quote from: glennab on October 02, 2006, 02:19:38 PM
Welcome, Maciek.  You're the first Scotsman I'm aware of in OPR.

Best wishes

GG

Thank you.

I'm afraid I'm not real Scotsman. I live in Scotland (I love it!) but originaly I'm from Poland. So - I'm first Polish - Scotman or Scottish - Pole in OPR.
Any more Polish people in here?

Do you know - maybe - when will be new pictures available - I don't feel I can start now, I have to wait for easy ones.

Regards
Maciek

Kenny

Maciek,
We're getting to the last of the difficult ones from the last batch. It's my understanding as soon as these are finished the next batch will be posted.

While your waiting you can lend you eye and be a critic. Several of us keeps worklogs on here and value having other people look at our work and tell us what you think.

If you have any good techniques and feel like writing, head on over to the OPR Workshop Information Exchange and share it with the rest of the class  ;D  I for one love trying new techniques and would appreciate the tutorials.

Sit back, relax, and get to know us while you're waiting for the new batch of images. When they get here you'll have plenty of projects to choose from.

Kenny  :)

But why is the rum gone?

glennab

Hi Maciek,

Polish Scotsman?  Well, that's even better!

And Kenny's right on about the appreciation of suggestions and techniques.

Also if you go through the forum you'll be amazed at how much you can learn from people who are working out challenges and getting feedback from other volunteers.

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

BlackSlate

I've requested my first restoration photo today....one from the "Difficult" gallery.  Wish me luck  :)

I live in Tampa, FL.

glennab

Hi BlackSlate!

Welcome to OPR from a neighbor.  I live in Gulfport, and I know there are at least two more Tampa volunteers. I guarantee you'll find this organization and its work as rewarding as it gets!

Best wishes and "luck!"

GG

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

John

Quote from: BlackSlate on October 02, 2006, 09:42:24 PM
I've requested my first restoration photo today....one from the "Difficult" gallery.  Wish me luck  :)

I live in Tampa, FL.

Welcome!  :up2:

mabmsc

Hey everyone.  I'm from Christchurch, New Zealand

Brookie

pixelz

Hey all,

South African, but living in London, UK - one of the 60,000.  ;D

Pleased to be here!!
The saints are coming ...

kjohnson

Graphx

kstruve

Boulder, Colorado.  Our snow from last week's storm is finally starting to melt!

kiska

My hometown is Rome, GA, but I mostly reside on a lake in NE Ala.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro