• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Check in to tell us where you're from...

Started by John, June 25, 2006, 02:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DawnAllynn

Seems like I have lived almost everywhere at some point or the other, including overseas for a few years.  But I am currently living in New Mexico.  In the East Mountain area of the Sandia Mountians near Edgewood.  Glad to be here.   :up:
Aut inveniam viam, aut faciam.  (I'll find a way, or I'll make one)

glennab

Hi Ptollemy

Did you ever find the map?  It should show up on the home page.  It's awesome!

I just realized that I can see it at work on my G4 from Safari, but it doesn't appear at home on my old G3 and Explorer.  It could be your operating system or internet software. 

Are you on a Mac?  There are things that PCs can see on a web site that Macs can't.  We discovered that at work when developing our own web site.  We're creating it on Macs but have to go to a PC to be able to use all the functions.  Very strange! (my husband, who's a PC weenie, gives me more grief about my beloved Mac! I have nothing against PCs, but for graphics people Macs just seem more  intuitive).

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ptollemy

No, unfortuantely it still doesn't show up for me.  :(   I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.6 on a PC.

Kind regards
Ptollemy

John

Quote from: Ptollemy on August 31, 2006, 06:26:10 AM
No, unfortuantely it still doesn't show up for me.  :(   I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.6 on a PC.

Kind regards
Ptollemy

I can view it on a PC using the same version of Firefox... maybe it's a setting on your machine?

Kenny

Hey Ptollemy. I'm also using Firefox 1.5.0.6, and the only way I can duplicate your problem is to turn off loading images in the options. Unless you happen to have them disabled (which I doubt, since you work on graphics), the culprit is most likely your browser cache. It's probably loading up a cached version of the page instead of loading the current one.

At the top of your browser window, click "Tools", then "Options", then "Privacy", and finally "Cache". Click the "Clear cache now" button. This should solve your problem.

Kenny

But why is the rum gone?

Ptollemy

JMC - yep I get that far but when I click on it I get an error message:

=========
couldn't connect to the mysql server

the database is over-loaded at the moment, please try again later

http://www.oprworkshop.org is not a ClustrMaps (reg or +) user
=========

Slasher: I have my cashe set to automatically empty every time I close the browser.

Thanks anyway guys :)

John

Quote from: Ptollemy on September 01, 2006, 09:29:23 AM
JMC - yep I get that far but when I click on it I get an error message:

=========
couldn't connect to the mysql server

the database is over-loaded at the moment, please try again later

http://www.oprworkshop.org is not a ClustrMaps (reg or +) user
=========

Slasher: I have my cashe set to automatically empty every time I close the browser.

Thanks anyway guys :)

The database issue is a different issue altogether.  Clustrmaps is doing some upgrades and that is why the map is not updating.  The important part is that you can see the updated map thumbnail.  I received an email from Clustrmaps indicating they are working on the issue and the map should be operational in a few days.

The folks at Clustrmaps are top notch, by the way, and if any of you are looking for a nice little map app, I highly recommend them.

www.clustrmaps.com

Sonya K

I am located in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada (AKA Silicon Valley North)

And I am happy to be part of such a great team!

~~~~
Sonya K

John

Quote from: Sonya K on September 06, 2006, 06:59:08 PM
I am located in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada (AKA Silicon Valley North)

And I am happy to be part of such a great team!

~~~~
Sonya K

Welcome!  :up:

marylou

Hi everybody,

I'm pretty far away being that I'm living in Italy. Happy to be here and also to be a member at OPR!

Kenny

Quote from: marylou on September 07, 2006, 08:29:35 PM
Hi everybody,

I'm pretty far away being that I'm living in Italy. Happy to be here and also to be a member at OPR!

Wow, Italy! I think you're our first member from there. Welcome!

Kenny :)

But why is the rum gone?

NancyKra

John