• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Check in to tell us where you're from...

Started by John, June 25, 2006, 02:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Hi Hannie

I definitely want to add a huge OPR welcome to you.  I hope you'll be one of our regulars on the forum.  Congrats on finishing your first restoration!  The Netherlands!  I visited there when I was a kid, and I fell in love with the country.  I hope it's still as beautiful as it was then (that was several hundred years ago.  Just kidding.  But just barely. My nickname at work is "the fossil" -- but I know they mean it in the most loving way. The young PUNKS! And, of course I mean that most affectionately).

Cheers!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
It is great to see so many volunteers from so many places work on such a worthy cause.
Dutch people are getting taller and taller because the place is so congested that there is no room to expand in any other direction!
Bozeman=angry man in Dutch!  :)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Bozeman = angry man?????????  Yikes!  Fortunately, Bozeman is probably one of the friendliest places I know.  I can walk down the sidewalk of Main street, and strangers will make eye contact, smile, and say "hello".  It's a great place to live!

Glad to have you a part of OPR!

Christine

Hannie

I can put your mind at rest Christine, the name Bozeman is the result of early Dutch immigrants not able to spell their name: Bosman.  (a very common Dutch name meaning forest man, very friendly  ;))

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

That's a funny story!  Thanks for sharing. 

Chris

schen

About 10 years ago, I spent 20 days at Huizen and visited Amsterdam several times by train.  I was impressed by the train system and the bike trails.  Amsterdam is a beautiful city.  I love the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum.

I always had the ideas that Dutch girls are short and chubby wearing a white hat with wings and Dutch boys all have a finger in the dike.  Was I wrong!  The Dutch girls are all so tall and slender.

Welcome to OPR Hannie.  The lighting of your avatar is so Dutch.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

Thanks for the welcome Schen, and yes you were wrong about the Dutch, the truth is we all have tulips growing out of our ears, wear wooden shoes and sleep in closets!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

I did buy a pair of wooden shoes in Amsterdam and I was told without us falling for the tourist trap, the tradition of wooden shoe making would have been lost.  :D

Sleeping in the closet?  How did I miss that one.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

cmpentecost

I thought it might be a good time to reactivate this thread, since we have so many new volunteers since this was last active.  I hope all of our new volunteers will sign in and let us know where you are from!

Welcome!

Christine   :)

P.S.  I do have to tell you that you are ALL very special, but we do have one new volunteer that is extra special to me.  It's my Mom!  Welcome Mom!

truckersau

Hi Christine,
Firstly glad to hear your Mum has joined.
Ok, I'm from down under, Australia.
Just to help you zero in on where abouts, goto Australia,NSW,Sydney,Liverpool.
Your welcome to pop in for a cuppa if your in the area.
I was born in Goulburn (NSW country) on a 2000 acre sheep station (my dads), Moved into the big city when I was in my teens.

Charlene5

I am from the center of the known universe, Texas :)  I live about 50 miles north of Austin.  Been here for 25+ years.  Grew up Southern California, born in New York.

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi to Christine's Mom.   You should be so proud of your girl, she does a wonderful job here feeding us images.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

hoodman3

First 17 yrs. in Shreveport, La. Next 5 at college in Memphis Tenn. Next 32 in New York, NY.
Welcome Christine's mom!
Pete
Windows XP, CS3

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro