• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Football Camp - Margie's forum

Started by Lynnya, January 04, 2017, 09:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi Gang... just starting on this one... couple of questions..Is the yellow writing on the back wall real or seeping through from the back.. also, should the border stay the same as it is or redo in white with the blue writing still there..

Here is my initial color correction - levels, curve, and neutral using difference method.

I have yet to address the color cast...
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Hannie

Hi Lynn,

It looks to me like those letter are real.  If they were not they would probably also extend on to the white border, no?
Border would be fine in white with the blue writing.

I tried a little further color correction by bringing in the RGB slider in some more in a levels adjustment layer.  In a Curves layer I used the white sampler on the shoulder of the white t-shirt and the gray dropper on the shady part of the pavement.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Hannie.. yes I was not happy with the color.. yours looks much much better... I'll copy that.

this is my result..

Shadow

Nothing good to add ... just wanted to wish you good luck! Know you will do an excellent job.
Thought of something ... maybe ask Margie if there is another pic of this guy where you can see his hair and eyes? Seems like there were more a while back. Fingers crossed!

Lynnya

Thanks Shadow... I'm gonna need all the luck I can get... :crazy:

Margie is there any other image of this young man anywhere I can use as reference?

Lynnya

I'd like to share this tip I've found very useful for nasty odd color casts... I do the same as the tutorial but then I mask it out and paint back in the patches that were cast..

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-editing/photo-filter/

Hannie

Very nice result in this tutorial, better than the Average Blur method I use sometimes. (duplicate layer, average blur, invert, overlay/soft light mode, reduce opacity, increase saturation)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Lynn, great tutorial! I like the way you mask it back in ... gives good control to the correction. Thanks for sharing!  8)

Lynnya

Here is my WIP for Football Camp.. I was very lucky that I had done another Avis shot of this man so I could use his own eyes hair etc.. I did have to tweak things to match his new age group.. I basically just repaired it all with cloning and moving stuff from one place to another.  the hard part was his face of course. I blotted out the mess of face above the nose area and hair so I could morph in some features from his other face.. lightened the eyes a bit as his younger eyes were very dark and young looking.. just kept tweaking (always dangerous, tweaking that is) until it looked the way I wanted it to... I'm always interested to see what others pick up and that I miss. Thanks in advance for comments.

By the way.. I found another neat way to lay text or other fine writing or pattern over an image.. like the writing on the bottom of this image.  Select the writing copy and paste it onto your finished image.. go to Multiply blend mode.. then choose levels and slide the right hand slider in till the back ground of the writing disappears.. it's neat..easy...

Shadow

You have brought this pic a long way!!
Maybe brighten the rest of the side of his face into his hairline? In the orig it looks like that whole area is blown out by the sun ... you can tell better on your screen. It might not be. On the leg you fixed, the fix stands out on my monitor. Played around with the healing tools on the area and it was less obvious.
Very nice Lynn!  :up:

Lynnya

Thank you my little Shadow watch dog  :police:  :funny: what would I do without you.. I miss something every time.. I didn't even see the leg fix..will address the face as well..

Lynnya

whaddya think...is there enough shadow on his dark side face...

Shadow

This was a tough and you nailed it!! Way to go Lynn!  :up:

Lynnya

Thanks Shadow,  Hope Margie agrees with you lol... I get so fixated on one part of the image I totally miss the mess elsewhere.. glad you are there to pick me up on it  ::)
I've sent him home, see what happens...

Shadow

You are most welcome. If Margie finds anything, it will only make it better. It's the artist in her! Keep us posted.  ;)