• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Lady and child

Started by Lynnya, December 05, 2016, 09:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Good morning all,

new challenge starting.. I'm assuming I think from Margie's comments that the wall area to the left of the image is damage? also, I think the lady is wearing an apron? what do you see?  Thanks in advance  8)

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Good morning Lynn.  :cool:  I agree about the apron. On the wall, are you talking about the hole looking area about 1/2 down far left? If yes, I'm with you on that one too. Good luck with this one. Not that you need it!  ;)

Hannie

What a challenge!  Can't tell if the area behind the little girl extending to the left over the white "wall"is damage or if the white part is the damage...

Oh my...   :-\

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Hi Lyn and Hannie, On further scrutiny I see trees poking through the white band on the left.. Margie commented it was damage I think and I agree.. I'll go with trees and stone wall.. she did say I could put a white border on it so that'll help.. wish me luck as you wave me goodbye  :crazy:

Hmmm.. change of plan.. my usual levels, curves, black and white adjustment brought out just too much damage.. so I'm trying something different.went to the channels and chose the blue channel as it had the least noise and damage, pasted it on top of my original. Jumped a new layer, made it a smart object and then went to shadow/highlights which gave it a smart filter (didn't actually know it would do that  :cool:).. it's given me less damage in the sky and people.. There is a person on the wall and I'm not sure what that is to my right of her...can anyone see? I just can't figure it out.

This is where I'm at so far.. I think they were tracks in front so I left them but can remove..I did a lot of taking from one part and moving to others.. Did a degrunge (Topaz Labs) on the sky alone and did Imageonic noiseware filter on the rest only a small percentage tho.. not sure where to take it from here.. comments and suggestions very welcome..

Shadow

Hi Lynn. Looking really good so far! In your first WIP you can see the rest of the track visible in the foreground. Maybe you can get the go ahead to remove the remaining track since the frame took away the other half? Very nice!

Mhayes

Lynn, you really pick a hard one. The tracks you see I think are probably from something stuck to the photo and leaving an imprint. I would delete as they are distracting. On the little girl with the white dress, I think the dark fan like shape on her dress is damage. You really accomplished a lot so far. I think I would with a brush, try to give more definition  to the woman's dress--perhaps with darker shading?

Change of thought on this one. What I think would help would be to use this trick. Go up and add a layer, have the mode either overlay or soft light and then check the box for 50% gray. Then go up with a soft brush--opacity to start around 12%--the brush not the layer. Now you can softly start increasing a darker shade for like the woman's dress, around the rocks, trees, etc. This will give you more depth and you can always back up by hitting the "X" key which will change your foreground to white which means you will be lightening instead of darkening. Plus, this is a separate later, so no harm to your work below.

Margie

P.S. Does it look like a man coming up the rocks by the little girl on your right?
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

I'll have a fresh go at this today.. glad I can get rid of the tracks. I wondered if it was a man to the right of the girl on the rocks but it seems way too big to be human...and if it is a man.. what's that on his head?

Onward and upward  :)

I did as you suggested Margie I also removed the track and tried to smooth and darken the skirt.. I'm finding this one a real challenge  :crazy: comments please

I'm thinking the thing to the right on the screen of the little girl in the rocks is a toy of some sort... with it's arms sticking out..

Shadow

Lynn, Wow! Looks much better without the tracks and you did a very nice job with the shading and smoothing. When you give something a fresh go you really take it to a new level! I agree that the "thing" is a thing and probably not a man. Will you be sending up a B&W and the sepia? Very, very nice  :up: :up: :up:

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn.. I just loaded up the black and white alongside the sepia.. I like the sepia better but QC can choose (if it gets that far lol)..

Mhayes

Lynn, great job on a photo that didn't have much detail. The additional shading really help.  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Margie I've sent them home.  Are you really working on your computer at 1.34 in the morning?? :huh:

Mhayes

Lynn, yes I was and then it was off to bed.  Got your two uploads and thanks for bringing them back to life.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]